Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Now What . . .

Davey Crockett would probably crawl in there and grin him down. Try that!

I had a similar situation a couple years ago but I was able to arrow him from outside the cave. Good luck I'm interested to hear about the outcome of this one.

Yes a big bonus here is he led you directly to a year after year residential address for the herd. Probably a few other dens just like that close by. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Yes a big bonus here is he led you directly to a year after year residential address for the herd. Probably a few other dens just like that close by. 👍👍👍

Well, thats why I was there!

• Like 1

Just fyi a arrow in hand is not a great defense!!! Especially If that arrow is carbon. L.O.L. a angry wounded Javelina will chew that arrow right up to your arm and keep going! I have had wounded Javelina latch onto me and it was not something I wanna repeat.

Bright flashlight. Head lamp. Noise like a caller. Do some things to see if he pops at ya BUT THIS IS STILL NO GUARANTEE IT IS DEAD. I would figure out a way to get'r done of it was me but since,in not there in your shoes I am certainly not gonna tell you the best approach! Except I would howeverbtry few things 1st to see if I got a response from him.

Good luck and God Bless! Hope you still have all your blood later today

you do it your way Ill stick with my way 😉
  • Like 1

Just fyi a arrow in hand is not a great defense!!! Especially If that arrow is carbon. L.O.L. a angry wounded Javelina will chew that arrow right up to your arm and keep going! I have had wounded Javelina latch onto me and it was not something I wanna repeat.

Bright flashlight. Head lamp. Noise like a caller. Do some things to see if he pops at ya BUT THIS IS STILL NO GUARANTEE IT IS DEAD. I would figure out a way to get'r done of it was me but since,in not there in your shoes I am certainly not gonna tell you the best approach! Except I would howeverbtry few things 1st to see if I got a response from him.

you do it your way Ill stick with my way 😉

Ok but if a 60-70 lb bow slinging a arrow at a Javelina did not kill it with its kinetic energy and ft lbs of whoop arse I'm not sure why a arrow thrusted from a belly crawler at a Javelina in confined space would work so well. The amount of force 1 could even apply while on belly would not even penetrate the hide of Javelina. The Javelina would need to be on last breath and wound channel already there would need to allow access to vitals.

Learned all this the rough way but good luck with that. 👍😄

Take your tag and wrap it around a rock and then throw it in there with him, worked for me once.

I like this option! Although then G&F would find your litter and revoke hunt privs for few years. L.O.L.

• Like 1

you do it your way Ill stick with my way

Ok but if a 60-70 lb bow slinging a arrow at a Javelina did not kill it with its kinetic energy and ft lbs of whoop arse I'm not sure why a arrow thrusted from a belly crawler at a Javelina in confined space would work so well. The amount of force 1 could even apply while on belly would not even penetrate the hide of Javelina. The Javelina would need to be on last breath and wound channel already there would need to allow access to vitals.

Learned all this the rough way but good luck with that.

Unless it is a Rage, then you'll be fine...

gCh9t4y.gif

• Like 3

I would like to revise my earlier statement. Not sure how it works on javelina, but history has shown this method is nigh fool-proof for louring both trojans and stinky-frenchmen from their lairs. :mellow:

• Like 2