Sign in to follow this  
Heat

State's Worst Javelina Hunter, title remains intact!

Went out with my cousin over the weekend and kept my streak alive. Found some deer but never saw a javelina or any fresh sign. Just some digging maybe a week old and some old turds near a den. Normal hunts I can display how bad I really suck when I shoot about 3 arrows and miss or maybe wound one but couldn't even find a herd this time.

Undisputed World Champion Worst Javelina Hunter

• Like 3

At least you hunted before complaining, now pick your chin up and go get one. lol

• Like 5

I wish I could hunt more this week but there's this thing called work, even though I am technically furloughed I had to be at work today. Now its looking like the furlough is ending and back to normal for a couple weeks so really not going to have time. I live a few hours from the closest real habitat and just don't get to go as much as I wish I could.

I’m calling BS! I think I’m at least twice as bad as you are. You’re still trying, I already gave up.

• Like 4

I'm up there with you as one of the worst Javalina hunters around. I usually never even see any and just go look for deer. This year wounded one the first weekend and then this weekend had some vanish on me after i spotted them. Better luck next year

• Like 2

I used to own this title (5 years before we finally figured it out and broke through), but now my son and I have knocked them down on back to back hunts, so I was happy to pass it on to someone else.

• Like 4

I always have both tags. We found a nice 150" or so 4X4 Saturday. He was in a bad spot with too many girlfriends in the mix to get it done. The javelina didn't get the message that they were supposed to make their appearance I guess.

My wife glassed up my pig I killed. Then bare eyed 3 pigs sleeping, put the stalk on and shot her pig at 40 yards yesterday. So theres some salt in your wound.

• Like 3

Heat my offer still stands. Took my daughter out for a quick 2 hr hunt this year.

• Like 1

I'm a life member of this club as well. No other species has me as perplexed as the collard peccary.

Seems the only time I find them them is when I am not specifically hunting them. When I was younger I was about 50/50 on locating them but now I don't even make blip on the radar.

• Like 2

I haven't seen a pig the last 2 Januarys in 37b, alive anyway.

We knocked a couple down out in 37b yesterday. They are there, but the lack of moisture has changed their patterns.
  • Like 2

Great thread. I don't know why. I've seen countless javelina. But always at the wrong time with the wrong tag. And now that the limit is 2 per year, it really drives me nuts. I have even called them in before to 10 yards with a hand call, but didn't have a tag, so couldn't do anything about it. LOL. And while my dad got a couple when I wasn't with him, every time when I was with him, we were lucky to see some or have an empty handed shoot out occur. :-) So the curse has followed me until now, although I certainly haven't went hunting that many years...thank goodness or I'd feel worse LOL.

• Like 1

I don't think its a title...it should be a club....

Went out to 20 b, tried a new part of the unit. Went to scout, found sign, seen three pigs. Set up camp a week later, walking distance to where we seen them. Couldn't find sign or pigs.

Went down one road in the jeep, met other guys (off roaders) coming out... they said they didn't see any. Pig track over their tire tracks. Worked the area hard to no avail.

Sunday morning, picked a different wash. drove to the end. hiked a few hours, cold called. Found track over the tire tracks.

Every dried up mud puddle had loads of sign (less than a week old or so).... found the few puddles of fresh water with zero sign on it. Beef wasn't even coming to drink it.

I don't get it