Sign in to follow this  
AZDirtyTaco

'Stink Pigs'

Dang Bill why are you up at 3 dark 30 researching? Early bird gets the worm or bad habits die hard. LOL There are a lot of people who have studied and written on the intriguing little animals.

Do you know of more? If so who, and where can I get them? Anything more modern?

If you buy this call then it comes with a booklet with references of the authors mentioned and more.

That sounds pretty rough Bill. What kind of book?

Since retiring in 1999 after seventeen years as an independent contractor with a contract to publish SCI's magazine, record books, newspapers and other printed material, I've written or ghost-written memoirs for nearly two dozen international big game hunters. These are limited edition, high-quality hard-cover books of 300 or more pages with about the same number of photos covering their hunting in twenty to thirty countries on six continents. Publishers have included Safari Press, Trophy Room Books and SCI.

I've also written my own memoirs and a large book on the history of Safari Club International and published a compendium of articles about Greer and its early residents. I just finished the memoirs of a guy in California and am about half way through a book for a fellow in West Virginia.

My clients have included eight Weatherby Award recipients, four hunting outfitters in Australia, Canada and Namibia, two of the world's best-known mountain game hunters, and four guys who may eventually receive the "Weatherby". All of the interviews were done in their trophy rooms, which was an experience by itself.

A list of my books (it needs to be updated) appears with my biography on Wikipedia.com. Please note, I am NOT the Bill Quimby who has a business that sells toll-free phone numbers.

Bill Quimby

The !@#$%removed my link. www.javelinauniversity.com

I've read that. Looking for more of an actual book. More research. Always want knowledge.

That sounds pretty rough Bill. What kind of book?

Since retiring in 1999 after seventeen years as an independent contractor with a contract to publish SCI's magazine, record books, newspapers and other printed material, I've written or ghost-written memoirs for nearly two dozen international big game hunters. These are limited edition, high-quality hard-cover books of 300 or more pages with about the same number of photos covering their hunting in twenty to thirty countries on six continents. Publishers have included Safari Press, Trophy Room Books and SCI.

I've also written my own memoirs and a large book on the history of Safari Club International and published a compendium of articles about Greer and its early residents. I just finished the memoirs of a guy in California and am about half way through a book for a fellow in West Virginia.

My clients have included eight Weatherby Award recipients, four hunting outfitters in Australia, Canada and Namibia, two of the world's best-known mountain game hunters, and four guys who may eventually receive the "Weatherby". All of the interviews were done in their trophy rooms, which was an experience by itself.

A list of my books (it needs to be updated) appears with my biography on Wikipedia.com. Please note, I am NOT the Bill Quimby who has a business that sells toll-free phone numbers.

Bill Quimby

Very cool! Who was the Namibia subject?

Mr September I would like to introduce you to google. If you google a subject such as "Javelina books" then holy cow look what I found! I recommend the tres little Javelinas. <_<

"Very cool! Who was the Namibia subject?"

He was one of the best-known outfitters in Namibia before his death, but I ghost-wrote the book for him. Although there was nothing in our contract requiring nondisclosure, it would be unethical for me to mention his name.

Bill Quimby

I Googled "javelina books" as you suggested. Lots of titles, very little new meat. If you've read Lyle Sowles and Gerry Day, you are more enlightened about Arizona's javelinas than most hunters, although their research was done 30-40 years or more ago. It would be interesting to read about the research done in New Mexico and Texas.

Incidentally, the website www.javelinauniversity.com ThomC mentioned is an excellent one and full of well-presented information!

Bill Quimby

Mr September I would like to introduce you to google. If you google a subject such as "Javelina books" then holy cow look what I found! I recommend the tres little Javelinas. <_<

I've read that :rolleyes: :)

I Googled "javelina books" as you suggested. Lots of titles, very little new meat. If you've read Lyle Sowles and Gerry Day, you are more enlightened about Arizona's javelinas than most hunters, although their research was done 30-40 years or more ago. It would be interesting to read about the research done in New Mexico and Texas.

Incidentally, the website www.javelinauniversity.com ThomC mentioned is an excellent one and full of well-presented information!

Bill Quimby

Yes very good site. I was just hoping to find something more current on population declines and fluctuations. Trapping ban effect on Javelina etc...

The !@#$%removed my link. www.javelinauniversity.com

Are you referring to Javelinahunter.com?