Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Thinking of moving

I grew up in Snowflake and love it there :) That whole white mountain area is great (minus Blue Ridge, i dont want cjl2010 all over my case here) :) Living in Mesa right now though.

• Like 1

I grew up in Snowflake and love it there :) That whole white mountain area is great (minus Blue Ridge, i dont want cjl2010 all over my case here) :) Living in Mesa right now though.

Poverty, you guys haven't won a championship since like the 70s
  • Like 2

I left Arizona 20 years ago & miss it everyday. I might have a job opportunity that will put me in the Flagstaff area & all goes well with the offer

we'll be heading there in the next couple of months. I would love to live in Arizona again as I have missed it everyday since I left!!!

If you do end up getting the job and moving to Flag you picked a good spot to live for hunting. The wind, snow and cold were the only negatives that i had when living there. If those three things don't bother you than you can't beat Flag.

• Like 1

Update.

So we checked out the Boise area in June last year. The climate was amazing. Nice and warm in the day, almost cold at night. we headed north towards Idaho city one day, and didn't like it too much. The next day we headed out the other direction and ended up all the way to lake fork. Almost dint come home. If there was an airport in the area we would have come home and packed.  We checked out the downtown area in Boise and that's where it went south. The historic houses were amazing, minus the California driven real estate prices, and the fact we were the oldest people around. Nothing but Cali millennial's. Still not opposed to the outskirts northwest of Boise. 

A trip to Montana is in order soon. I'd like to go in the dead of summer, and winter to get a feel for it. More than likely we will end up somewhere around Show low or Prescott, but I feel we owe it to ourselves to look around before we make a final decision. One thing that is for sure, we will not be in the valley more then a few more years.    

There is always Casper WY. From the Casper airport you get to Denver or Salt Lake City both are great hubs for getting around the country.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:17 PM, cjl2010 said:

Thats almost as bad as considering star valley part of Payson... yuck

Thank good we're not, Star Valley is way better, we had Ronnie (God rest his sole) you got a jack fxxk,, Payson the suck hole of the world..

• Like 1