DesertBull

Benro carbon tripod?

Anyone have any first hand experience with these. They get really good reviews from photographers but cant find anyone using them for glassing.

Benro SLIM Carbon Fiber Lightweight Travel Tripod Kit (TSL08CN00) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JYLS7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wFlBAbPP2K4TV

DesertBull, I've been looking for a budget carbon fiber tripod as well and these look pretty good. Did you ever get one of these?

I have a friend that runs one. They seem pretty nice. Ive been using a zomei, which is real similar, for a couple years now and dont have any complaints

• Like 2

Greyghost what model tripod from Zomei are you using? Thanks

DesertBull, I've been looking for a budget carbon fiber tripod as well and these look pretty good. Did you ever get one of these?

No I have not bought one yet.

I think mine is the Z699C? It doesnt go very high but im too tall to glass standing behind 90% of tripods anyways. They just come with a ball head. I out Manfrotto 700rc2s on all my tripods anyways. It seems really sturdy. Ive soent a few hundred hours behind it now and have been really happy with it. No issues

I have one it was my sitting or on my stool tripod for a long time, it is probably 5-6 years old. Still operates as it should with no complaints. It is not as sturdy as my manfrotto but that is a heavier tripod I use for standing. Just throwing it out there to point out I have a good comparison. My dad used the Benro this last season with the 15's and was good to go off of his stool.

Crazy light, fits in my Eberlestock side pockets, and durable, pretty good deal for $100. Or you cold just buy the extension tube for an outdoorsman. :P