Sign in to follow this  
trophyseeker

Copy/Paste/Quote glitch

Amanda,

I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 10 and IE11 as the browser to use. When I tried using it here, the copy/paste and quote functions do not work as they should with the embedded editor you're currently using. The work-around right now is to click on the little "switch" icon (text mode?) in the far upper left corner of the top menu bar. Then both copy/paste and the quote function work. Once that's done, clicking the icon again puts the editor back in the graphical mode.

Anyway, this has been a KNOWN bug with the Invision Power editor for several years with older versions of its software. I see you're using V3.4.6. IP released a newer version to correct the issue (see below.)

It's a not a big deal, and I might be the only using IE11 here. BUT...I wanted to let you know about it.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2014 - 2:02pm[/size] / Post ID: #

News
news.gif
NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Invisionize IPB Board Power Invision
Invision Power Services

IPB is releasing IP.Board 3.4.7 today as a maintenance release to fix commonly reported issues and to consolidate security updates since 3.4.6 was released.

Issues fixed in this version:

Internet Explorer 11 Copy/Paste Issue
Facebook Profile Photos Not Loading
Incoming Email Piping throws an error
Terms of use link on registration broken
All security patches since last released are bundled in this version
Updates to Facebook Connect integration to support API Version 2.1 Ref. Source 2

I’ve noticed that on one of my PCs using IE...maybe 11 now that I read this but it’s been that way for a long time. I just switch to Chrome when it happens on that PC. I’ll try the work-around. Now if I can find a work-around for apostrophes getting wiped out using mobile view on my phone...

Amanda,

I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 10 and IE11 as the browser to use. When I tried using it here, the copy/paste and quote functions do not work as they should with the embedded editor you're currently using. The work-around right now is to click on the little "switch" icon (text mode?) in the far upper left corner of the top menu bar. Then both copy/paste and the quote function work. Once that's done, clicking the icon again puts the editor back in the graphical mode.

Testing on my PC with IE 11...it works. Took me a while to find the switch mentioned (maybe I just wasn't understanding)...it's at the top of the Reply box when trying to reply to a topic or after hitting the Quote button. Thanks this has been really annoying to not be able to quote.

Amanda,

Testing on my PC with IE 11...it works. Took me a while to find the switch mentioned (maybe I just wasn't understanding)...it's at the top of the Reply box when trying to reply to a topic or after hitting the Quote button. Thanks this has been really annoying to not be able to quote.

Righto. Sorry I forgot to mention the REPLY window when I said "in the far upper left corner of the top menu bar." Best bet is to click inside the reply box, hit the switch before anything else, then quote or paste as necessary before turning it off.