First off my wife doesn't make anything if you come in to the office or not. There are many problems someone might have as to why they are gaining weight, to name a few Thyroid or hormone problems. And I'm sorry but your lack of calories isn't going to help with those problems. Everyone has different issues. But I'm sure you all have this all under control i mean your all on a weight loss thread. LMAO

First off my wife doesn't make anything if you come in to the office or not. There are many problems someone might have as to why they are gaining weight, to name a few Thyroid or hormone problems. And I'm sorry but your lack of calories isn't going to help with those problems. Everyone has different issues. But I'm sure you all have this all under control i mean your all on a weight loss thread. LMAO

For the 98% of people it is calories. Those thyroid or hormone problems are not the norm. Lots of studies compared all the diet fabs together in a 3-6 month period and they all end up almost identical. The one thing they all had in common................yep.......calories deficit. Lots of people do just fine with keto and get used to it but all athletes say the same thing or have this in common is that once they get off keto they notice an increase in strength and recovery. So why lose full potential of strength, recovery, lose weight the same, give up on pizza, bread, pasta is crazy to me!! But in the end if you like it go for it.

• Like 1

For the 98% of people it is calories. Those thyroid or hormone problems are not the norm. Lots of studies compared all the diet fabs together in a 3-6 month period and they all end up almost identical. The one thing they all had in common................yep.......calories deficit. Lots of people do just fine with keto and get used to it but all athletes say the same thing or have this in common is that once they get off keto they notice an increase in strength and recovery. So why lose full potential of strength, recovery, lose weight the same, give up on pizza, bread, pasta is crazy to me!! But in the end if you like it go for it.

I would love to see your research on this 98%... maybe for the 20-30 age group but even then I would bet its much higher. Im not arguing for against the Keto diet , everyone is different and will have different results. Im only give people another resource to help them.

Show me where Ive said you would loss weight eating like a fat butt?

I'm just making a statement. But you don't have to eat like a fat butt to be in a surplus

I also dont understand why anyone would want to take out the most anabolic macronutrient from their diet

What does that even mean?

I also dont understand why anyone would want to take out the most anabolic macronutrient from their diet

What does that even mean?

You build more muscle from carbs than protein

• Like 1

Literally only in this thread to prevent the spread of Keto worshippers like yourself LMAO

Keto - fad? Not a fad?  Low carb has been packaged in different names over the years, so maybe by name its another fad.  The thing that I like about "Keto", is if you use a nutrition app like CarbManager or similar, is it allows me to see at a glance what quality and low-quality eating choices are.  I'm anything but a nutritionist and a quality nutrition app breaks down the macro-nutrients and allows a person to build a program of eating based on a desired result (blubber loss, cardio training, muscle gain, regular old maintenance / and YES the carbs allowed go up and down for each desired result).  I really don't know if using CarbManager is really "Keto" - but when I follow the models they have for whatever result I want, I absolutely get that result.  MOST natural unpackaged foods are allowed and get a good "Keto Score" - bell peppers, cabbage, avocado, tomatoes, carrots, squash, Hatch green chili, all meats and fish - and much more get an Grade A score and are included.  When I want more carbs I add beans, apples or onions instead of tortillas and bread.  Cheat day?  Yep - I do that too.  Had white pizza with sausage and a beer last night.  Back on the wagon today.  

A few weeks ago, not happy whatsoever with my current fatboy status I opened the app up.  Updated the personal profile and set it for weight loss.  Used it religiously (NO I didn't eat just butter and eggs like Atkins from back in the day - the choices were all meats and lower carb vegetables) and started shedding pounds almost immediately.  When my weight is where my goal is I just reset the desired daily outcome and the carbs in the plan go up.  If I want to train and lift - the carbs go up again.  If I get sloppy and start packing pounds on the carbs go down.  The daily calories in each section seem to stay very similar - so is it a calorie deficit?  On paper, it doesn't seem to be.  The daily nutrient profile DEFINIETLY changes based on what you're trying to achieve.  

Once again, nutrition expertise is not my wheelhouse and whether what I've described is actual "Keto" or not, it narrows the heck out of food to non-processed choices and produces whatever result I set/program in.  In reality it's probably just clean eating with some carb tweaks for specific fitness outcomes.  I just have to do it. 

• Like 1

Right on...glad it’s working for you and good to have a plan to follow. I’ve been intermittent fasting for several weeks (which for me basically has amounted to eating during a much shorter part of the day, which also means I’m eating a lot less total calories) Also trying to eat a lot cleaner and a bit like keto with less carbs. So far so good...not a big change in weight but my clothes fit a lot different. 

• Like 2