Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Couldn't duck

Would not want to be hit in the head by a 12lb goose going 70mph. Lucky his neck didn't break. Hope he is okay.

• Like 1

I tried to catch a wigeon that fell from 40 feet or so and it HURT.

Definitely not a good idea, and haven't tried since.

Hit a mallard in my bass boat at pleasant going about 68mph, I was cover in blood and feathers hurt like heck, then realized most of it was from the duck, I had a bloody nose and a cut lip as well as seeing stars. luckly it hit the front pedestal for the front seat and bounced off of it before hitting me. hit a cormorant about same speed took out the trolling motor prop and bent the shaft. killed lots of ducks with the boat over the years but only got hit hard that one time. my fishing partner usually gets the mess on his side of the boat.

couldnt imagine hitting a Canadian that would do some major damage

• Like 1

All I got to say is that I am so glad that elk can't fly.

• Like 3

But they can cross the road. Let me tell ya.......it's no fun hitting one at 65mph. Talk about serious damage on a guy's truck! I can still see and hear the impact as if it were yesterday. This happened in 1989.

Think I'd rather get hit by that goose! Lol

• Like 2

But they can cross the road. Let me tell ya.......it's no fun hitting one at 65mph. Talk about serious damage on a guy's truck! I can still see and hear the impact as if it were yesterday. This happened in 1989.

I was driving my big heavy F350 doing about 65mph down a hwy in UT when a herd of elk decided it was time to cross the road in front of me.

I slammed on the brakes so hard it snapped the front stabilizer and cracked the windshield and I didn't even hit any elk.

• Like 3

When I lived in Christopher Creek prior to the elk crossings they have installed it was scary as he__ to drive at night. I Picked up multiple road kill permits like 6 or 7 and at least 2 people died by elk on that stretch of road that season 1 was a cop. :( I have slid to a stop and had elk not move a muscle until they were darn good and ready. Honestly most people would swerve and elk would drop head so 90% if say were super clean kills with minimal meat loss. I did see a 6x6 get hit and drug by a semi a good 1/2 mile coming down into C.C. on old road it was pretty gnarly!

I have been hit hard by falling dove so wanting to be part of that with a goose is a NO FOR ME!!!

I hear you on the road crossing. I have had to stop and assist at a number of elk vs vehicle accidents over the years. Some very serious injuries and even fatalities. I have had a number of close calls myself both in my own vehicle and at work driving a tractor trailer. Having to lock up the brakes at 65 MPH pulling double trailers is never fun. I have been very fortunate and never hit one. One night my windshield suddenly exploded and there was something in the passenger seat of the tractor. Owls can do some damage to. I'm sure it would have been real ugly had he impacted the driver side.

• Like 1

Elk pert' near totaled my pickup a few years ago on my way back home from work in WY. Had to abandon all my duck hunting gear for a number of months until I could get back up to reclaim my guns, decoys, calls, waders, etc...

When I lived in Christopher Creek prior to the elk crossings they have installed it was scary as he__ to drive at night. I Picked up multiple road kill permits like 6 or 7 and at least 2 people died by elk on that stretch of road that season 1 was a cop. :( I have slid to a stop and had elk not move a muscle until they were darn good and ready. Honestly most people would swerve and elk would drop head so 90% if say were super clean kills with minimal meat loss. I did see a 6x6 get hit and drug by a semi a good 1/2 mile coming down into C.C. on old road it was pretty gnarly!

I have been hit hard by falling dove so wanting to be part of that with a goose is a NO FOR ME!!!

When we do dove control at the farm we do our best to bomb each other....

• Like 1

Thats crazy

When we do dove control at the farm we do our best to bomb each other....

You wouldn't be a good friend if ya didn't try dropping a dove or 2 on buddy or his windshield now would ya... 😂