Sign in to follow this  
WampusCat

Shotgun reloading suggestions

Looking for suggestions on reading materials or links about reloading shot shells.

I have reloaded for pistol and rifle for almost 20 yrs and most of my loading is for long range precision stuff. I have my process down to a literal science.

I am venturing down this road with the primary goal of loading some predator hunting loads that have been discontinued. Will likely load some heavier than lead waterfowl stuff with the hope of saving a couple dollars as well. I will be purchasing a simple press that satisfies my low volume need of a couple boxes of shells at a time.

I am not very familiar with the process of selecting powders to compliment shot material and/or payload sizes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Really looking for lessons learned the hard way or things I should steer clear of. Your input is appreciated.

Try BPI, Ballistic Products Inc. It's a company in Minnesota that specializes in shotgun material. With the price of materials, its probably cheaper to buy factory loads.

Thank you both. I use that Hodgdon website frequently as a cross check when loading a new cartridge. The thought never crossed my mind to use it for shot shells!

DO NOT MIX and MATCH LOAD DATA from different manufactures like you do/can from rifle loads, if the Hodgdon manual gives you a load dont change anything. You can BLOW something UP/HIGH PRESSURE.