Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Son tags first pig

Oops mis Read Pradatr. In Ryan Okl. For hogs. Lease land some buddys from TX have. Tons of fun. Not really hunting. More like shooting off a ranger with a cooler. But great time

Oops mis Read Pradatr. In Ryan Okl. For hogs. Lease land some buddys from TX have. Tons of fun. Not really hunting. More like shooting off a ranger with a cooler. But great time

Well alright. I am going to Duncan in April on a turkey hunt and was told there might be a chance to also do some hog hunting, which would be great but I have never been there before and kinda just fell into a chance to hunt Rios last year on a Turkey FB page.

A young guy had a fatal accident on an ATV and left behind a wife and five kids. His friends banned together and one of them offered up a Rio hunt for auction. I told him that I would match the top bid and send the guys wife my paypal account and transfer her the money then if he would let me come a year later.

He said he would so it worked out. The hunt is on 4/13 so I am hoping to get a bird then "maybe" a hog with my 45-70. I might drive my F250 or just rent a truck. It's always fun to drive a new vehicle and I love a good road trip. My old girl has 286K and I have had her since 2000.

• Like 1