Sign in to follow this  
huntz

Sight and rest

What brand of 7 pin sight and drop away rest would you guys recommend I get for under $150

Never thought I would say this. I bought a hoyt pro defiant 34. That being said I may put a whisker biscuit on it. With an archery bull tag I don't want any failures with a drop away. Opinions. I upgraded from a 2004 hoyt ultra Tec with a tm hunter double prong rest.

QAD Ultrarest Hunter. No problems with it even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles at about $80 but it works great for a hunting bow. The sight I am upgrading to is about $220 so out of the $150 price range but it is the Black Gold Ascent. It is a 5 pin sliding rest. That way I will have a 20-60 yard fixed window and be able to adjust for farther if needed to practice.

Trophy taker is all steel and bullet proof. I have a qad as well. Used with good results. I use a sdp as well

Qad hands down, as far as a sight you could maybe find a 7 Deadly used? that would be your best bet. Or a Montana black gold new and or used and have them throw in 2 more pins? would also give you a slider option. I'm using a 3 pin myself 30-50 and can slide out to 115

Don't like all those pins but a trophy taker of any kind will be great.