Sign in to follow this  
levers

FS Two Winchester Model 70 Pre 64's

Standards have the raised barrel,where sight mounts

Yep. Also barrel is thicker ahead of action and longer barrel These are standard weight. Boy, don't I wish recoil pads had not been added. Great shooters.

I contacted the seller of these rifles and had good communication with regards to arranging to see these rifles. From the pictures it is clear that the guns are low condition "shooters" but what is not obvious is that the .270 had been poorly refinished with a thick layer of varnish, has a hole in the stock filled with accraglass and has a poor fitting floor plate that stands proud from the stock about 1/16". The 30-06 is better but with little original finish, a poorly fitted recoil pad and scattered rust. Both would make shooters. My intent here is not to bash the guns or the seller just to make other potential buyers aware lest they too make a long drive and not be satisfied with the guns.

Levers always has great rifles. He has been honest in all of my dealings with him. These rifles are priced to reflect the imperfections they might have.

Did you expect a new in box pre-64 for $750? They are worth that for a donor action. Move along.

If thats true than my accurate description of the guns will have no negative impct on the sale. Its clear you guys are friends and its sweet that you ride to defend but there is nothing to defend. Seller seemed like a good guy. This is in no way an attack- its business. I just felt like there were major not evident condition issues other buyers should know about in fairness to their time. Having bought and sold many many hundreds of guns in the past these are things that are game to disclose. Greyghost- i am not one to get into openforum pissing matches. If you would like to talk more about this feel free to Pm me.

Taylorz1 seems like a good guy. I'm sorry these weren't what he is looking for and I know it was a drag to drive from Tucson to Casa Grande only to be disappointed. What he's saying about them is true and I probably should have been more clear in my description about them (I'm not sure I'd call the added finish on the 270 thick but that

is a minor thing). In my mind, they are not high end collectibles and are shooter grade guns and I didn't go into a lot of detail of all the defects.

I had offered them to him for $650 each and I will offer them to anyone here for that price. I found a set of new Leupold pre 64 scope bases that I'll throw in for the one without any bases on it.

• Like 2