Sign in to follow this  
AZAV8ER

Coues hunter or Coues Sniper?

I just spoke with Eric over at axis works this morning. Im gonna have him build me a coues sniping rifle just so I can see what its all about. Life is all about experiences right? Ive never killed anything with a rifle, well see how that compares to watching an arrow blow through one at 20 yards.

It tastes the same

• Like 1

I just spoke with Eric over at axis works this morning. Im gonna have him build me a coues sniping rifle just so I can see what its all about. Life is all about experiences right? Ive never killed anything with a rifle, well see how that compares to watching an arrow blow through one at 20 yards.

Hold out for something good and you'll be satisfied

• Like 1

Death stalks

Death always stalks

Be it Mr or Mrs MT Lion

Sometimes the bigger spotted cousin from down south

then the less deadly two legged predator

two legged slow two legged less stealthy than four

Season 5 soon to breed

your the prime boy this year

all the bucks lesser than you

soon you'll dominate/copulate all in your realm.

A new death stalks

off and away lurking behind fancy german glass

you can hide in grass scent and listen away

the new death out of your ken

new death starts in a Kestrel weather meter

combined with laser ranger

death is processed through Android Ballistic apps

as cold calculating finger klick NightForce to bear

with bipod and bags

cheek weld so secure

cold calculating death from afar

berger VLD to cancel soon

all senses and skills that were your boon

Boy in his prime king of the hill

by high speed high tech

soon new stalker to kill

Nerd. Yep, I went there.

Hold out for something good and you'll be satisfied

I know where there’s a couple good ones hangin out that we have trouble getting within bow range of. The hard part will be letting the little one walk by in August. My trigger finger gets itchy....

• Like 1

You stretched your 30-06 out to 300 yards with a fixed 4x scope? Didnt your grandpa tell you thats not very ethical and you should be sneakier and use a 30-30 with open sights?

The first liar doesnt have a chance LOL. My grandpa shot his rabbits with a 12 ga. up to 40 yds. My other instruction was from reading Jack O'Connors book The Hunting Rifle. But, that is not the point of this thread which I think could be important to hunters someday. Who fiddled while rome burned? :mellow:

Geesh people.

Don't feed the troll!

1stcouse80, I posed a legit question, what don't you like about it?

I think this is an easy question. If you're a good enough hunter, you get close.if you're not, you snipe. I've been on both sides,but for me 289 yards is sniping...

I think this is an easy question. If you're a good enough hunter, you get close.if you're not, you snipe. I've been on both sides,but for me 289 yards is sniping...

only wannabes use guns.

• Like 1

#sharpsticksandspears!

only wannabes use guns.

A calculated shot by a practiced shooter @ 800 yards is likely to have a better outcome than an offhand shot @ 100 yards by an average shooter. Whatever shot any of us take, we own it. Evaluate yourself accordingly..

• Like 7