Sign in to follow this  
tyler1215

Javelina's for donation

Hello All - This weekend 3 of my good friends and myself are going out in hopes of taking 4 Javelina's. However, in the event that we do harvest 4 pigs, I'm not sure we could eat that much Javelina meat. Is there anyone who would be interested in some of the meat? We will be hunting in unit 31 but we would be willing to travel to make sure the meat goes to good use. Obviously, we need to get the job done first but would like to have a plan if we are successful. Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who would be. Thank you

I would just shoot 2 then

I think your over estimating the amount of meat that youll get

Both of these are correct^^^ ____ You can't tell me that between three guys you can't handle eleven to twelve pounds of clean boned meat a piece. And if you can't: Shoot the amount that you can!

Quit shooting babies! L.O.L. just teasing. So with 1 monster Javelina this last year and 1 average I took in 32.5lbs boned and clean meat. I also scrape every edible piece possible from carcass so yes figure 12-15lbs per animal. I got back like 50 something lbs meat cuz of pork and spices so remember that for final price if you take to a shop

Thank you to the user who sent me a private message saying they would take the meat. I guess I worded my original message incorrectly, it's not that we can't eat the meat it's that we don't enjoy javelina meat and therefore don't want it. Before I get attacked saying we shouldn't be going out then. This is something my brother and friends love to do together. We love going outdoors and taking on the challenge. Also, we all want to be successful and have every right to be, even if we don't want the meat. This isn't the 1800's, we don't need the meat to feed our family. With the money we will spend on tags, gas, arrows/ammo, etc, we could easily go buy way more meat and still save money. I know there are people (many people) who enjoy Javelina, but we don't. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be out hunting them. I was raised right and will make sure to remove as much of the meat as possible and properly care for it so that it can be eaten by someone who will enjoy it. Hence, the reason I made my post, so that it will go to good use.

Thank you to the user who sent me a private message saying they would take the meat. I guess I worded my original message incorrectly, it's not that we can't eat the meat it's that we don't enjoy javelina meat and therefore don't want it. Before I get attacked saying we shouldn't be going out then. This is something my brother and friends love to do together. We love going outdoors and taking on the challenge. Also, we all want to be successful and have every right to be, even if we don't want the meat. This isn't the 1800's, we don't need the meat to feed our family. With the money we will spend on tags, gas, arrows/ammo, etc, we could easily go buy way more meat and still save money. I know there are people (many people) who enjoy Javelina, but we don't. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be out hunting them. I was raised right and will make sure to remove as much of the meat as possible and properly care for it so that it can be eaten by someone who will enjoy it. Hence, the reason I made my post, so that it will go to good use.

Not knocking you, but you need to learn how to cook it! Italian fennel sausage made with Javelina makes the best spaghetti and lasagna ever! Not to mention green Chile or pulled bbq so good you can't quit eating it. A friend made some jerky that's way better than anything you can buy, so now I want a dehydrator. To me, making something that people enjoy eating out of my hunting successes is rewarding in itself.