Sign in to follow this  
spooby

Draw Deadline Has Passed

I put in for an early rifle cow hunt in October. I have to get lucky though since 2 points isn't enough to autodraw. December in a tent up there sucks. October is much better, but a much harder draw.

Harley

Just bounus points for me .. way to busy with my daughter and her soccer. I only have 4 more years with her so unfortunately hunting has to take the back burner.

I’m in the same boat but for different reasons. I quit my day job at the end of last year to go full time with my small business and it has blown up into an avalanche of work. I wasn’t going to risk drawing a bull tag when I know I won’t be able to focus on it, so it’s otc hunts for another year

• Like 5

Just bounus points for me .. way to busy with my daughter and her soccer. I only have 4 more years with her so unfortunately hunting has to take the back burner.

Im in the same boat but for different reasons. I quit my day job at the end of last year to go full time with my small business and it has blown up into an avalanche of work. I wasnt going to risk drawing a bull tag when I know I wont be able to focus on it, so its otc hunts for another year

I hope i have successful business, but I hope it's never so successful that a I have to skip bull season.

• Like 2

Im in the same boat but for different reasons. I quit my day job at the end of last year to go full time with my small business and it has blown up into an avalanche of work. I wasnt going to risk drawing a bull tag when I know I wont be able to focus on it, so its otc hunts for another year

I hope i have successful business, but I hope it's never so successful that a I have to skip bull season.

Careful what you wish for there will always be the hunt. Ever hear the story of the old bull and the young bull sitting on top of the hill overlooking all the cows?
  • Like 2

Careful what you wish for there will always be the hunt. Ever hear the story of the old bull and the young bull sitting on top of the hill overlooking all the cows?

I just lay myself off every September and then realize later in the month how much I need my services and then re-hire me....

• Like 2

Lol good stuff “ easy come easy go “ I believe their is a country song that says this . Gorge straight I believe?

I just lay myself off every September and then realize later in the month how much I need my services and then re-hire me....

I’m in the same boat but for different reasons. I quit my day job at the end of last year to go full time with my small business and it has blown up into an avalanche of work. I wasn’t going to risk drawing a bull tag when I know I won’t be able to focus on it, so it’s otc hunts for another year

I help run the family business and its definitely not easy requesting two weeks off, and when you do get the time off its constant checking in with the office and making sure things are still getting done in a timely fashion while you are away ( aka having an awesome time hunting ) . With that being said early archery unit 9 for me again. I got drawn last year and was successful so we will see in 2018. Hopefully one of the good buddies gets drawn so I can help out and return the favor.

• Like 1

10 muzzy bull and 8 late archery bull.

Submitted our apps online a few weeks back. Put in for 9 early rifle bull (less than 0.1% chance) and 9 early rifle cow second choice which we've hunted the past 2 years.