Sign in to follow this  
BOWUNTR

My first two Coues bucks...

Does it look happy because of the lip line? Maybe it's the angle of the photo... I don't like the happy look and think the second buck has a happier lip line. I gladly accept criticism and I knew this would be the place... Here is a different look. Ed F

post-522-0-53953800-1518880031_thumb.jpg

post-522-0-64025800-1518880049_thumb.jpg

Thanks... That's my backyard. The taxidermist who taught me always said, take your work outside to see all the imperfections... I always do and it works. Ed F

They both look good, but the second one looks better. First one looks happy because of lip line and maybe the ears being stuck straight out as opposed to slightly pinned back

Ed,

I live just down the road from you. (we met this year in 6a and helped with you with your photos of your Dec. archery buck)

I've got hundreds of coues reference photos that you are welcome to use from 5 plus years of trail cams in MX as well as a few quality mounts on my wall that were done by Clay Goldman that you can look at up close.

Give me a shout via PM.

Schmitty

Thanks Schmitty I'll shoot you a PM. I think Clay is one of the top Coues taxidermists. I was at his shop a couple times and was able to pick his brain about his Coues mounts... which he was very generous. There are a lot of trade secrets and quite a few ways to skin a cat. I'm always learning... I have 2 more in line to mount. Thanks. Ed F

I wasnt criticizing it, I think they both look good. It just looks happy to me. The background and the slight turn of the lip just made it look happy. Reminded me of Bob Ross haha!