Sign in to follow this  
JakeUSMC

20B Javelina

My fiancée and I both drew 20b javelin tags for the second year in a row. We donated our tags last year to the Arizona Elk Society Hunts for Heroes and both vets were successful! My fiancée thought she was going to have to donate her tag again this year because of work but it looks like we will be able to hunt.

This is our first javelina hunt (rifle) and her first big game hunt. Any one willing to help us out?

We plan on hunting Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

• Like 1

Not sure about the unit, but my limited experience tells me that ideal conditions are cold, but sunny and no wind. They seem to not like wind. Our HAM hunt was very hot and dry and that seemed to keep them bedded or holed up in the really thick nasty washes and going to water late evening and mostly active at night. I bet even with the recent rains they are still close(mile or 2) to water sources. But if its cold and sunny, they should be out in the sun feeding and warming up. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and see if this colder weather helped. Good luck!

• Like 1

Got this one last Friday. I busted this same herd twice on opening weekend and couldn't get a shot.

wAppxtS.jpg

My buddy went out to the same spot to take another from this herd on Friday. They weren't there and the weather didn't help. I accompanied them today and we didn't see a dang thing. I had two good spots that failed to produce. We'll probably be out there again in the morning.

• Like 4