bowsniper

New AZGF rule (proposed, which means it’s a done deal) about game cameras:

https://www.azgfd.com/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Article-3-NPRM.pdf

Page 34

A person shall not use any trail camera, or images from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of the outer perimeter of a developed water source.

It get worse. The next says (I think) that you cannot use google earth to scout:

A person shall not use a satellite or other device that orbits the earth, or images from a satellite or other device that orbits the earth, and is equipped to produce and transmit images for the purpose of:

1. Taking or aiding in the take of wildlife, or
  2. Locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife.

I personally don't have an issue with the trail camera rule, but the satellite rule is insane!

• Like 4

I think the satellite proviso is referring to trail camera's which wirelessly transmit videos/picture live through a phone plan. Call me crazy but that is what is sounds like.

• Like 5

read #5 page 34 says

-- A person shall not use any trail camera, or images from a trail camera, for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife within one-fourth mile (440 yards) of the outer perimeter of a developed water source.

that google earth provision is hilarious! shaking my head.

When it is all said and done, that satellite deal will be adjusted to read "live" satellite images. The Google Earth thing is not realistic, enforceable, and is probably an oversight.

They don’t enforce the laws they already have. Why would this one be diferant?

Maybe, Maybe Not.

But now every guy out there that didn't have a reason to mess with cameras, NOW has a reason to. So hopefully everyone understand the new law and doesn't place them on water or near it cause they are now guaranteed to get messed with,destroyed or stolen.

They don’t enforce the laws they already have. Why would this one be diferant?

Maybe, Maybe Not.

But now every guy out there that didn't have a reason to mess with cameras, NOW has a reason to. So hopefully everyone understand the new law and doesn't place them on water or near it cause they are now guaranteed to get messed with,destroyed or stolen.

this will be the problem.

They dont enforce the laws they already have. Why would this one be diferant?

So hopefully everyone understand the new law and doesn't place them on water or near it cause they are now guaranteed to get messed with,destroyed or stolen.

But it's not against the law to put cams on water, it's illegal to use them for hunting it says. I put cams out for fun all the time that I don't plan to hunt
  • Like 6