Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Police: Son knocked dad out in fight over dinnertime texting

Forgot to mention my Dad was raised in an orphanage in the Bronx and was an ANGLICO Marine. I never even thought about challenging him for one second but never had a problem standing up for myself. I also had an older brother and lots of cousins and got my butt handed to me on the regular.

One of the saddest things I ever saw was an adult son get in a fight with his father. Believe me, you don't want to see it.

• Like 1

One of the saddest things I ever saw was an adult son get in a fight with his father. Believe me, you don't want to see it.

Nobody wins.

• Like 1

That dude is up there in age to be having a teenage son.. Douchey move by the kid.

1) Its your father

2) He's old

My wife was a surprise baby. Her sister is 17 years older and her brother would be 16 years older, but he is in a vegetative state ( family fight to have life support withdrawn). Her father was 52 and her mother 44 when she was born.

I don't know what would have happened to me because I was smart enough, or scared enough, not to find out. I know my friends dad had it right "I brought you into this world, I will take you out" is what I heard him say once.

• Like 2

Thank God for great dad's and for those of you who have been able to survive bad dad's!

I remember one day........I was probably 10, my mom was trying to give me a swat with a fly swatter and I kept catching it with my hand before it hit my rear.

Dad comes home and I find myself laid over a bed with my dad pulling his belt off............I had a great dad, what a great example for me and this story just made me sad to think that someone would do that to their dad. That things had gotten so bassackwards it had come to that.

My dad's leather belt was enough when I misbehaved, I can only imagine what would have happened had I ever bowed up to him.

I don't know what would have happened to me because I was smart enough, or scared enough, not to find out. I know my friends dad had it right "I brought you into this world, I will take you out" is what I heard him say once.

I heard that exact phrase more times than I can remember. Also heard "I'll dropkick you through the goalposts of life!" more than once.

I don't know enough about the incident to comment, but my views would be tainted by growing up with an abusive alcoholic and miser for a father. I am sorry to say I never had the courage to strike back.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1

Thank God for great dad's and for those of you who have been able to survive bad dad's!

I remember one day........I was probably 10, my mom was trying to give me a swat with a fly swatter and I kept catching it with my hand before it hit my rear.

Dad comes home and I find myself laid over a bed with my dad pulling his belt off............I had a great dad, what a great example for me and this story just made me sad to think that someone would do that to their dad. That things had gotten so bassackwards it had come to that.

reminds me of the time I did something wrong, and the old wait till your dad gets home . Oh the anxiety waiting well he got home I came out of the room . She told him the situation and he at first laughed, that’s when old mom bent a cookie sheet over his head. I then got my butt kicked . Good times , these kids nowadays have no respect .

I don't know enough about the incident to comment, but my views would be tainted by growing up with an abusive alcoholic and miser for a father. I am sorry to say I never had the courage to strike back.

Bill Quimby

Always good to get a different look.........you headed up to Greer soon??? Not nearly enough snow this year to take care of the land!!!