CatfishKev

Filming hunts and editing

I want to start filming hunts and editing them. Is a go pro a decent camera for this? And what type of editing software that's easy to use?

• Like 2

You would be better off with a cheap HD camcorder. There is no zoom on a GOPRO and it has a fisheye type wide angle lens.

Power director is a decent software with a short learning curve but like all editing software you really need a computer with a lot of RAM, a large harddrive and fast processor.

You would be better off with a cheap HD camcorder. There is no zoom on a GOPRO and it has a fisheye type wide angle lens.

Power director is a decent software with a short learning curve but like all editing software you really need a computer with a lot of RAM, a large harddrive and fast processor.

Huh, thats what she said.

• Like 1

Canon Powrshot, fairly inexpensive as far as cameras go takes high quality photo and video. Best part is it will fit right in your pocket and has adapter for mounting to a tripod. I have a go pro also and prefer the canon any day. I also have a Nikon D5100 little big to be lugging around but you can't beat the quality. If I were to do it all over again I would get a Canon power shot and a Canon rebel. As far as editing if you have a Mac you are set because movie maker comes installed and is super easy to use, on windows their movie maker is great as well just not as easy and less options (my opinion)

• Like 1

Short of not posting your pictures or videos at all, how do you protect against another individual in effect stealing your work? With a "watermark"? Is there a computer program that assists you in copy writing your pictures and/or videos? TIA

I use the free iMovie software that comes with Macs. It's great and can do some pretty complex editing, depends how much you want to put into it and learn.

I too think that a separate camera, made for video, would be a better choice for quality video than a Go Pro. Unless it's impossible in a given situation, USE a tripod to make your movie watchable and not make your audience motion sick. I like the Canon Vixia cameras for good quality without breaking the bank.

• Love 1

Bumpin this up for any new perspectives.   I'M looking hard at the PowerShot sx620 seems like a good all around choice for a beginner. Also has 25x zoom which seems pretty sufficient. 

On 2/28/2018 at 10:59 PM, Coues assassin said:

Canon Powrshot, fairly inexpensive as far as cameras go takes high quality photo and video. Best part is it will fit right in your pocket and has adapter for mounting to a tripod. I have a go pro also and prefer the canon any day. I also have a Nikon D5100 little big to be lugging around but you can't beat the quality. If I were to do it all over again I would get a Canon power shot and a Canon rebel. As far as editing if you have a Mac you are set because movie maker comes installed and is super easy to use, on windows their movie maker is great as well just not as easy and less options (my opinion)

Why would You choose the power shot and the rebel? Why not just have one?

Just pulled the trigger on the rebel sx620. Looking forward to filming the kids hunts next month.