Sign in to follow this  
Delw

Trophy hunter and longshooter?

I usually abhor political correctness, but I find absolutely nothing amusing about that photo. It not only is disrespectful to the baboon, but it also tells the world hunters are the dumbest of primates and have child-like senses of humor.

It -- along with the staged photos of moose driving trucks with hunters tied on tops of cabs, hunters with dead cattle or horses in their pickup boxes arguing with wardens at check stations, guys smoking cigars and holding big bottles of booze as they pose with a foot on an elk or deer -- does a great disservice to our sport at time when we are under attack by a well-financed, highly organized enemy that wants to end all hunting.

Sorry about the rant, but that photo is truly awful! Whomever staged and distributed it needs to grow up.

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

I totally agree with you Bill. I can understand some people being proud of a trophy and making poor judgement on a pic. But this one doesn't do anything positive for hunters.

I usually abhor political correctness, but I find absolutely nothing amusing about that photo. It not only is disrespectful to the baboon, but it also tells the world hunters are the dumbest of primates and have child-like senses of humor.

It -- along with the staged photos of moose driving trucks with hunters tied on tops of cabs, hunters with dead cattle or horses in their pickup boxes arguing with wardens at check stations, guys smoking cigars and holding big bottles of booze as they pose with a foot on an elk or deer -- does a great disservice to our sport at time when we are under attack by a well-financed, highly organized enemy that wants to end all hunting.

Sorry about the rant, but that photo is truly awful! Whomever staged and distributed it needs to grow up.

Bill Quimby

Seriously? And here I thought delw was the grumpy one.

Bill Quimby

I totally agree with you Bill. I can understand some people being proud of a trophy and making poor judgement on a pic. But this one doesn't do anything positive for hunters.

and then we have the elitist,

Man I bet you clowns are a Hoot at a party.

I have one of my 1st bucks in Washington state smoking a cigarette with a "Rainer beer" taped to its hoof and the rest of the six pack rack hanging from one of the forks.Ill have to dig that up maybe my mom still has it (btw I didnt drink or smoke back then).

I remember seeing one on hunttalk back in the 90s of a guy buck nekid except the a g string in 3 foot of snow sitting on a cow elk.

Then there was that one on AZOD where the elitist got all pissy bout a guy who shot a buff on house rock ranch sat on it with a cowboy hat for a picture and they wanted his head or him to be banned from all forums.

Bill Quimby

Seriously? And here I thought delw was the grumpy one.

Theres a difference between uptight ,too cool for school and grumpy. ;)

heres a few pics when the kids and I were left home alone one Christmas day planning dinner before mom got back.

Lifes to short not to piss people on the internet off ;)

post-14908-0-67299400-1519960932_thumb.jpg

post-14908-0-94826900-1519960950_thumb.jpg

post-14908-0-20857900-1519960968_thumb.jpg

post-14908-0-03818800-1519960985_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

"geeze guys you need to lighten up"

This is no laughing matter.

You clearly have not received death threats or had your child treated unfairly and insulted in front of her classmates by teachers simply because you kill animals.

It also is obvious you are unaware we are losing the war being waged against hunters and hunting by animal-rights groups looking for the slimmest excuse to shut us down.

I have spent a lifetime trying to protect the hunting legacy. Thoughtless, sophomoric humor, especially in tasteless photos, only confirms what I came to learn in more than six decades as someone known to the public to be a hunter: We can be our own worst enemy.

Bill Quimby

• Like 4

You clearly have not received death threats or had your child treated unfairly and insulted in front of her classmates by teachers simply because you kill animals.

It also is obvious you are unaware we are losing the war being waged against hunters and hunting by animal-rights groups looking for the slimmest excuse to shut us down.

I have spent a lifetime trying to protect the hunting legacy. Thoughtless, sophomoric humor, especially in tasteless photos, only confirms what I came to learn in more than six decades as someone known to the public to be a hunter: We can be our own worst enemy.

Bill Quimby

Susan

we can only be our own worst enemy because we let little things bother us and cower down when someone says something different..

I raise your death threats with being shot at by earth 1st in the early 80's while archery hunting in the north kaibab.

Actually most people have had threats including my self and my kid. why do you even give them the time of the day. but who cares about threats its just that a threat. and people are just talking out there butt.

My kid has my same attitude, she tells them to f-off both teachers and kids she hasnt be bothered about it since. 1st year high school was the worst, but she didnt back down like others do.

Bill Quimby

This guy... Smh. Don't feed him Bill. Delusions of grandeur. He's still as full of sh!t as he was 20 years ago.