Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

183 days until Dove season opens

might have to bring an assistant. ha ha. Either way... dove meat is dove meat. And plus getting to shoot some eurasions without the fear of every Tom Dick and harry raining pellets down in every direction like in regular season is worth it.

Pulled into a spot once, albeit not the first ones there... Gotten out of the truck, and within 5 minutes of getting there, we got peppered at the truck. I can understand being tucked away in the bush and being in the flight path... but standing next to a black f350... guy said "oh, didn't see you there".....

Only 4 more days until the best day of the year!  I have a feeling this is going to be another epic opening day!  101 here I come:)

Definitely a little cooler today.  I've always thought the storms played a larger roll in forcing the birds south.  Thankfully I don't think any more storms are going to hit the valley between now and Saturday.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rossislider said:

Doesn't look like the next storms are anticipated till Sunday night or Monday. Opening weekend should be good.

Yesterdays forecast showed rain Sunday morning now it is Saturday night but we know for sure until Friday. Our weather is hard to accurately predict past 36-48 hours.

• Like 1