PRDATR

Day One Results

I had to live/hunt vicariously through my son for 4yrs in a row, last year neither of us drew so that broke his streak and this year I FINALLY drew.

The cool part is I have enough points to draw for deer too but Im going to hold out for a specific hunt and not too far away from that one so were good. 👍🏼

• Like 1

I do believe my wife gets to elk hunt this year. :) she is really starting to like all this hunting stuff. 😃😀😍

Its great when wifey gets into it. Mine isnt going this year, but shes supportive. Until I read off a few items we needed for the hunts this year...

• Like 1

The draw was very kind to our family this year. I drew an archery goat tag and we got three elk tags on six separate applications put in. Thats amazing. Only problem is I have no idea who drew one of the tags. One is a junior hunt for sure and one is my dad. That last $135 could be a tag for me or a general hunt for one of the kids. Regardless, its going to be a busy year!

• Like 2

Lots of tags azbugler, that's a "great" kind of busy! Same here (somewhat) as "our group" has 4 tags so far for archery elk and 5 paper apps still in so there could be more. One of the paper apps is for an archery lope tag for myself (19 pts), so curious where you put in for.

just curious when the most recent charge anyone saw hit their account... knowing there may still be a couple.

• Like 1

Junior tag for my son. I can't complain about not getting drawn after a 10+ years streak of tags.

Explorer,

I'm assuming you haven't had 10 years of September bull tags! If so, you'd either get banned or hundreds of requests to apply together! haha

It was a combination of good bad and ugly tags.

Probably a stupid question: is there ANY recourse if my card was declined? Just got off the phone with my bank, my card was hit yesterday and declined before my paycheck deposited... I'm sick to my stomach.

Ouch, unfortunately nothing you can do. I'd suggest not using a debit card next time. Curious what hunts you may have missed out on?

Yeah, "lesson learned." Doesn't really ease the pain when I totally know better and its my own fvcking fault. Yes, I'm pouting. So what.

The hunt I missed was late archery 22N. A prize for no one but me. What makes it worse is I applied with a buddy so he loses too. I'm so effing pissed I can't think straight; took the day off work...

CO OTC it is.

Instead of being pissed you should be thanking heaven. Worst tag in the state.

Like I said, a prize for no one but me; We all have our priorities. The part that pisses me off though is the reason I won't be receiving that tag. Totally preventable, no mystery, just plain old distraction and an inability to think.

• Like 1

Pac8541, sorry to hear that, but that's one of the reasons I haven't put in with CC #s for a cpl years now. We're all human and can make mistakes. What happened to me a cpl years ago was outside of my control and happened w/out my consent (bank canceled my card randomly almost a week after the cutoff date on a year the actual draw did not take place the following morning due to "issues" with their "consultant"). Of course, zero recourse for anyone that happened to as those of us simply became "statistics".

You may be able to get a leftover tag on the NAD (assuming there are some), but there's issues there too as I heard last year they put all the archers and rifle elk hunters in the same area at the same time... Other than that, there's Colorado or Utah...

Sometimes there is a tag or two left over from the Hopi elk hunts. I know someone who years ago actually picked up one of those tags on the leftover draw.

• Like 1

Lots of tags azbugler, that's a "great" kind of busy! Same here (somewhat) as "our group" has 4 tags so far for archery elk and 5 paper apps still in so there could be more. One of the paper apps is for an archery lope tag for myself (19 pts), so curious where you put in for.

just curious when the most recent charge anyone saw hit their account... knowing there may still be a couple.

I was in for archery only. Put in for 10 and 4b and had 8 points. Time will tell!

I was in for archery only. Put in for 10 and 4b and had 8 points. Time will tell!
Pretty close to bonus pass for 4b. I'd bet 4b.

I do believe my wife gets to elk hunt this year. :) she is really starting to like all this hunting stuff. 😃😀😍

Its great when wifey gets into it. Mine isnt going this year, but shes supportive. Until I read off a few items we needed for the hunts this year...
You mean like when I was pulling out rifles from my wife to use on the javelina hunt recently and she said when did I get this? Are when we are sitting by the truck glassing and she said when did I get these binoculars? LOL but this was the first time I felt like she knew I was actually trying to set her up to enjoy it more it was really cool. It's a good day when Mama is happy. I have been BLESSED way beyond what I deserve.

I was getting bummed out because we didn't see a charge. Apparently there were some issues getting onto Cap one site. So all day I kept saying well at least I got a new bow coming in.

Fast forward to late in the day and my buddy sends me a text that we are going hunting. Awesome so now I get a bow and I am going hunting. The downside is the delivery of my bow is delayed. I will take that over not getting drawn.

Not sure what area but it's either 5BS or 6A excited either way. Congrats on others that got drawn and sorry for those that did not.