Sign in to follow this  
chewy15

Time to start shooting the bow!!!

Well I drew an archery tag this year, I am very excited about it!!! For all of you that have archery hunted goats in this state any tips for stalking or other things to try the help would be greatly appreciated

• Like 3

Congrats Matt! Get a decoy! I have the ultimate predator decoy that attaches to my bow and they are awesome!

IMO stay AWAY from decoys, wearing white, or any other trick/gimmick that comes up and just hunt. from my experience the majority of time they just run the other way.

• Like 2

Congrats! Looks like I drew an archery antelope tag, too. I drew one about 10 years ago and threw the kitchen sink at 'em. Antelope decoys, cow decoys, ambush spots on the way to water, sitting water, good old fashioned spot/stalk/crawl...you name it, I tried it. Everything except the cow decoy got me within a 100 yards. Those antelope may still be running today!

You are going to have a blast. The best part about archery antelope hunting here is that you can and will have chances all day. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Congrats Matt! Get a decoy! I have the ultimate predator decoy that attaches to my bow and they are awesome!

IMO stay AWAY from decoys, wearing white, or any other trick/gimmick that comes up and just hunt. from my experience the majority of time they just run the other way.

no way, even if they dont work im making a full antelope suit with one of them antelope head hats. if nothing else it will be hilarious

• Like 2

I saw a guy up in 19A wearing one of those suits, with the big foam head/hat and shirt... from a distance it looked like the fattest, and shortest legged antelope I had ever seen, and I busted up watching him. Let me know when you go so I can go be entertained again!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replys, I am excited to try it all. Whale shhh dont say that to load thats a good way to get me black bald by lots of people. In fairness though I did put in for one of the easier tags to draw this go around for goat. I also have 7 years of putting in for elk with no luck

• Like 1

Hunted with a guy that had the antelope suit a few years ago. Saw small bucks that wouldn’t leave him alone! Haven’t been able to convince my friends that have had the tag to get one, but I’m a believer!

no way, even if they dont work im making a full antelope suit with one of them antelope head hats. if nothing else it will be hilarious

I saw that in unit 1 on my brothers hunt a few years ago. We spooked a herd towards the road, then the costume party began. First came the decoy guy, then the guy in a painters suit, and finished with the guy with the hat. The antelope look at them like them like they were stupid and went the opposite way.

I drew a NR archery tag as well.......in the unit I'm retiring to this year (3BS). No decoy/costumes for me........but I'll definitely have some fun chasing them anyways. :)

Ive got an archery tag too! Cant wait! After my last hunt, my biggest regret was not just camping on water. It was very dry that year. Its so hard to sit there and watch the goat at a distance though. Stalkingnos fun and frustrating in most cases. Decoys can work under the right circumstances.

I saw that in unit 1 on my brothers hunt a few years ago. We spooked a herd towards the road, then the costume party began. First came the decoy guy, then the guy in a painters suit, and finished with the guy with the hat. The antelope look at them like them like they were stupid and went the opposite way.

Well I'm gonna be a 2 person costume I just need someone to be the back end.

I saw a guy up in 19A wearing one of those suits, with the big foam head/hat and shirt... from a distance it looked like the fattest, and shortest legged antelope I had ever seen, and I busted up watching him. Let me know when you go so I can go be entertained again!

Reminds me of the guy I saw during my 19a hunt. He ended up walking right up to a nice buck and tagging it.