Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Hunt for Hero's Predator Hunt, Phoenix Varmint Callers

Mentored a veteran on PVCI's second Hunt for Hero's Predator Hunt. Unfortunately I wasn't able to call in anything for him to drop. He was hurting bad Saturday afternoon and called it quits.

I went out where I saw some fresh badger holes and called in my first badger. Mean and stinky little guys! It was a male, little more than 9lbs.

post-736-0-67835000-1520194446_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-70627500-1520194730_thumb.jpg

post-736-0-31086000-1520405079_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats badgers are cool and mean as heck.

we had one chase Dad and I into my truck than try to chew the tires off while p-dog hunting in seligman many years ago. after I shot it it ran down its hole had to dig that F' er out took most of the night, Borrowed a couple of shovels from Tim Pender. now hes a full mount ;)

Never called one in seen quite a few over the years but never had a good shot.

• Like 3

we had one chase Dad and I into my truck than try to chew the tires off while p-dog hunting in seligman many years ago. after I shot it it ran down its hole had to dig that F' er out took most of the night, Borrowed a couple of shovels from Tim Pender. now hes a full mount ;)

Tim Pender. Now there's a name I haven't heard in forever.

• Like 1

Tim Pender's a full mount? ☺

Met the man (Mr. Pender) on a Boquillas cleanup a number of years ago. Never spent much time in that part of our state but my buddies that did have a huge amount of respect for the man. Hope he's doing well.

Congrats on the Badger too! Not big on badger mounts but I think the pelts are amazing.

• Like 1

Tims a cool dude. Probably one of the most coolest game and fish cops I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I spent about 3-4 days a week during the summer for many years up in seligman shooting p-dogs. even got to go spotlighting for the black footed ferrets with him well before they introduced them.

I hadnt seen him since he retired from G&F many years ago. I heard he moved but I have no idea.

his house there in town was Awsum, the inside was freaking incredible.

LOL, I've got a mental picture of digging out a man chasing, tire chewing, gut shot badger out of a hole at night. I'd wager that every shovel full of dirt had a certain amount of excitement.