Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

Cabelas military discount program seems to be going liberal P.C.

Okay so I understand in military discount is a pretty cool thing any company that offers it as far as I'm concerned is going above and beyond and saying thank you and I appreciate that. But when a company starts putting restrictions on what you're allowed to use your military discount on for reasons other than such as you can't get 10% off of a boat or a quad that makes sense to me the very expensive item that would be a very large discount. But as of a few weeks back Cabelas has stepped it up you cannot use your military discount on any ammunition bullets gunpowder reloading stuff at all can anybody explain that to me? I mean they already don't allow discounts on any Firearms any military discount that is but to include guns powder bullets Exedra I don't understand this one

Mostly because of the margins on the product. Most of those items only have a 15% to 20% markup. They arent honoring the military discount any more on those items because they are trying to help there stores bottom dollar

• Like 4

Mostly because of the margins on the product. Most of those items only have a 15% to 20% markup. They arent honoring the military discount any more on those items because they are trying to help there stores bottom dollar

Yeah it's kind of weird cuz I don't remember ever buying anything at Bass Pro Shop that they did not give military discount on and Bass Pro Shop had military discount everyday. Cabela's used to only do Veterans Day Memorial Day excetera. Cabela's now does daily military discount if you're registered you have to show proof and have it in the system but considering it's a 5% discount I thought it was kind of weird when they took it away from these items. Matter of fact the list of items is so long I'm not sure what you can buy with military discount except for clothing LOL

As of January 15, Cabela's military discount changed to mirror Bass Pro's military discount. Their policies are all the same or will be very soon.

• Like 1

Maybe they are trying to keep ammo from all the extremist right wing veterans ??????

• Like 2

As of January 15, Cabela's military discount changed to mirror Bass Pro's military discount. Their policies are all the same or will be very soon.

I still opt for Sportsmans 99% of the time. 👍

Well unless I'm craving candy coated roasted pecans

• Like 4

Okay so I understand in military discount is a pretty cool thing any company that offers it as far as I'm concerned is going above and beyond and saying thank you and I appreciate that. But when a company starts putting restrictions on what you're allowed to use your military discount on for reasons other than such as you can't get 10% off of a boat or a quad that makes sense to me the very expensive item that would be a very large discount. But as of a few weeks back Cabelas has stepped it up you cannot use your military discount on any ammunition bullets gunpowder reloading stuff at all can anybody explain that to me? I mean they already don't allow discounts on any Firearms any military discount that is but to include guns powder bullets Exedra I don't understand this one

You know they don't have to give any sort of discount on anything right?
  • Like 2

They are giving you a discount on stuff that they dont have to and you wanna nit pick what you can and cant get discounts on. Get outta here!!

• Like 4

Seemed like a pretty legit question - and azcouesandelk did a good job of answering it logically. Just my $.02

• Like 1

Seemed like a pretty legit question - and azcouesandelk did a good job of answering it logically. Just my $.02

What's not logical about they can pick and choose what and what not to give a discount on?

You know they don't have to give any sort of discount on anything right?

Okay so you quoted me you want to go back and read my first sentence please thank you