Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Florida and Governor Rick Scott

Today Governor Rick Scott signed a bill making the legal age in Florida to buy a long gun to the age of 21, amongst other things in the bill. His emotions clouded his judgment to reasonably lead people in a trying time. He has tied the hands of anyone under the age of 21 from legally defending themselves with a firearm. This is one more law that will be the nail in the coffin of the 2nd amendment by a man that was supposed to be a great proponent of our rights according to the NRA. Instead, he tucked tail like a coward and sided with those who are willing to give up freedom and liberty for false security. History will not judge people like him well. If Rick Scott can so easily change, so can any other governor. This should have everyone's attention.

• Like 2

I'd bet you and I would agree on just about everythingm but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. I've always thought 18 was too young for kids to buy guns without some type of parental co-signing. And while it's politically impossible, I'm only concerned about the males between 18 and 21 - the girls are far more mature.

I'm not opposed to raising the minimum wage from 18 to 21, and I'm not opposed to enforcing background checks for P2P sales. This coming from someone with enough guns and ammo to be called an "arsenal" if someone ever raided my "compound" - I have a separate office from the house and some sheds. Threw that in there so you know I get the rhetoric and stupid, uninformed labeling that usually accompanies these discussions.

I'm very pro-gun, but these are tough times. The smart move is those who proactively went right to the 21 legislation. It's proactive, it's very logical - if you look at FBI crime stats is almost all 18-21 year old males causing all the havoc, and done right it doesn't have to infringe.

Say you have an 18 year old daughter going off to college. Think of a program like the CCL program where she gets proper firearms training and has mom & dad's blessing to carry for protection, so she has an exemption from the 21 rule. The idea is not just every 18 year old dumb-butt boy who can't see past 10 seconds down the road (we all know them) and has limited understanding of consequences (most of them) are able to get their hands on a gun without their parents' approval.

I could cite lots of other stuff but we all have short attention spans, so that's plenty for now.

• Like 4

My only issue with the 21 law is what about every military member serving in Florida that is under 21? They can serve our country and protect us with firearms but they can't buy one.

• Like 5

I'd bet you and I would agree on just about everythingm but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. I've always thought 18 was too young for kids to buy guns without some type of parental co-signing. And while it's politically impossible, I'm only concerned about the males between 18 and 21 - the girls are far more mature.

I'm not opposed to raising the minimum wage from 18 to 21, and I'm not opposed to enforcing background checks for P2P sales. This coming from someone with enough guns and ammo to be called an "arsenal" if someone ever raided my "compound" - I have a separate office from the house and some sheds. Threw that in there so you know I get the rhetoric and stupid, uninformed labeling that usually accompanies these discussions.

I'm very pro-gun, but these are tough times. The smart move is those who proactively went right to the 21 legislation. It's proactive, it's very logical - if you look at FBI crime stats is almost all 18-21 year old males causing all the havoc, and done right it doesn't have to infringe.

Say you have an 18 year old daughter going off to college. Think of a program like the CCL program where she gets proper firearms training and has mom & dad's blessing to carry for protection, so she has an exemption from the 21 rule. The idea is not just every 18 year old dumb-butt boy who can't see past 10 seconds down the road (we all know them) and has limited understanding of consequences (most of them) are able to get their hands on a gun without their parents' approval.

I could cite lots of other stuff but we all have short attention spans, so that's plenty for now.

Never say you're pro gun again. You don't believe adults should be able to protect themselves. You're pro gun control. Huge difference
  • Like 4

My only issue with the 21 law is what about every military member serving in Florida that is under 21? They can serve our country and protect us with firearms but they can't buy one.

That's your only issue with it?

• Like 1

Never say you're pro gun again. You don't believe adults should be able to protect themselves. You're pro gun control. Huge difference

Ok guns are not the problem. Cold blooded head cases looking to go out in a blaze of glory are the danger. Age 21 to buy a gun, expanding background checks and cleaning up reporting for the background data ok better. But the school failed us the police failed us and the FBI failed us, the state and FED's are falling down on enforcing laws and getting violent offenders off the street. Yeah new measures will blunt the deadlines of future attacks but won't stop them. The danger is the nut jobs; and they will come up with new and better ways to cause mayhem. Hey some ISIS loving Dumb S**t just tried to bomb a school cafeteria in Utah this week, bet MSM skipped that one. Amid all this growing violence the "progressives" will stop at nothing to disarm us. I call BS.

Life: allowed to protect myself and loved ones

Liberty: as a law abiding taxpaying citizen should be afforded my Constitutional Rights

Pursuit of happiness (i.e. fulfillment) should be OK to hunt, target shoot or collect firearms if we are not hurting anyone.

BTW if the NRA is responsible for gun violence then the ACLU is responsible for all criminality !!!

• Like 1

I shouldn't be so surprised of all the Fudds on here willing to sellout.

How are me and Trphyhntr the only ones seeing all this as bullcrap?!?!

Quit capitulating and stand with some backbone and realize our rights are on the line.

• Like 2

I shouldn't be so surprised of all the Fudds on here willing to sellout.

How are me and Trphyhntr the only ones seeing all this as bullcrap?!?!

Quit capitulating and stand with some backbone and realize our rights are on the line.

Appeasing the gun control crowd with this and the bumpstocks. Like theyll stop now and won't go for the next piece of low hanging fruit. What happens when 21 isn't old enough?

• Like 3