Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Good Lord....What Is Wrong With ME???

Lance - I just swung by axisworks and gave Eric a bunch of money to ensure you dont cut in front of me. Haha!

Youre gunna have another beauty. Thanks for sharing the step x step process...

Wade

Lance - I just swung by axisworks and gave Eric a bunch of money to ensure you dont cut in front of me. Haha!

Youre gunna have another beauty. Thanks for sharing the step x step process...

Wade

Last time I was there picking up my rifle he was already there shooting the breeze and he was still there when I left!!! He will find any reason to go talk guns :)

• Like 1

Got a notification from UPS yesterday...Manners shipped my stock. Should be here Saturday or Monday.

That stock is awesome! Cant wait to see the final product, looks like its not too far into the future?

March F1 3-24×52 is due in tomorrow. Ordered my rings and level today which will be in Friday.

Seekins 30mm .92" "Medium High" and Flatline Ops Scout 30mm level.

• Like 2

The March F1 3-24x52 FFP MIL/MIL illuminated got here last night. Rings and level will arrive tonight.

Just unpackaged it last night while sitting in my living room. So this is in now way a review.

1st observations:

Scope feels very light. 24.5oz

Length is "compact" for a full size scope. Should look and work well on a shorter lighter rifle.

Finish is very nice, good anodizing

Turrets are not quite as crisp as my S&B, Premier, or Kahles, but not mushy, yet still audible. 10MIL per turn are spaced nicely.

Diopter adjustment was very easy to get the reticle in focus for my eyes.

Eye relief is amazing. Seems very forgiving, and plenty of room to get behind. You do not have to crowd the scope at all. Seems like possibly more than most of my other scopes.

Eye box is easy to get behind from 3-18. From 18-24, it gets a bit more critical, but not as bad as other scopes I have owned. Should be just fine.

Focus.....wow! I could focus, on 24X, on a map at the end of my hallway, less than 10 yards away! All of my other scopes, even the S&Bs w. 10M parallax, have to dial down to 10-12 or so to get 10 yards in focus.

Reticle. At 3X, the center is visible. Subtensions are useless, like my other FFP scopes on minimum magnification. But, they are there. Turn on the illumination, and they POP! At about 6X, you can see the subtensions come into play. Still very fine, but usable. At 10X, very much so. At 24X, they are a bit thick, but this is a hunting scope, not a 1000 yard F-class scope where you need to see a 1/4" "X". The center floating dot is .1MIL, or about .36". .5 MIL subtensions to help with wind holds.

Glass seemed clear edge to edge. Again, only checked it down my hall.

Brightness was good. Got a touch darker over 18-20X, but not bad. Again, I will check it once it is mounted.

Color/contrast to be determined.

Parallax TBD too.

I will get it on my .280AI tomorrow for a Sunday shooting review while I wait for my 6CM to be built.

20180426_192104_zpstwbyidcj.jpg

20180426_192226_zpsbuvbedfr.jpg

20180426_193152_zpscqh7m4md.jpg

No way indicative of clarity of glass.

20180426_193339_zpsdlauhyrh.jpg

• Like 1

Those Mounts on the wall look awesome!!! Oh the scope looks cool too :)