Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

New Cardinal's QB

Say hello to Sam Bradford, Arizona.

Vikings are set to sign Kirk Cousins tomorrow, meanwhile letting all 3 of their free agent QB'bs walk.

Cousins to the Vikings- 3 year deal, 84 million guaranteed.

Bradford to the Cardinals- 1 year deal for $20 million. 2nd year option at the same price.

Keenum to the Broncos- $18 million a year.

Bridgewater to the Jets.

Terrible sign, in my opinion.

I have a hunch this signing was driven/motivated by Fitzs desire to play with a veteran QB at the helm.

Cardinal's,Broncos, and a couple other teams wanted Cousins, but he had more interest in the Vikings.

Bradford has a degenerative knee problem, hence, the 1 year contract, while the Cardinals figure out a long term QB solution via the draft I imagine?

I believe the plan is to trade up in the draft and get one of the big names. The reason they got Bradford is to be a placeholder while giving the rookie someone to learn under until he is ready to take over towards the end of the season. In the mean time they will still have someone who can get Larry the ball and is a better option than Stanton. Bradford is definitely not the long term plan or it wouldn't have been a 1 year deal. If they get the rookie they want, it might not be a bad move, we will see.

• Like 1

Cardinals are going back to the old days and making stupid trades.

When do they play the Rams? Aaron Donald and company will take him out for the season. He cant take a hit and with your porous offensive line that bunch will be all over him.

Bradford is a pocket passer, and not that mobile. The plus side, is he is pretty accurate, but behind a porous offensive line, he turns into "Checkdown Charlie".