Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

New Cardinal's QB

I believe the plan is to trade up in the draft and get one of the big names. The reason they got Bradford is to be a placeholder while giving the rookie someone to learn under until he is ready to take over towards the end of the season. In the mean time they will still have someone who can get Larry the ball and is a better option than Stanton. Bradford is definitely not the long term plan or it wouldn't have been a 1 year deal. If they get the rookie they want, it might not be a bad move, we will see.

That rookie qb better be ready by week 3 or 4 not the end of the season! :D

• Like 1

It is March, not August. Maybe I'm a homer, but I don't think he offensive line will look the same in August as it does now.

Free agency is just starting, and the draft coming next month. The Cardinals will have to address those O-line issues. The Vikings are in the same boat. Need a couple good lineman.

The NFC west has the potential to be one of the toughest divisions in the league. The Cardinals better get after it if they want to compete. Being a Ram fanatic I am glad Arizona picked up Bradford. Its going to make the Ram front 7 look pretty good.

I believe the plan is to trade up in the draft and get one of the big names. The reason they got Bradford is to be a placeholder while giving the rookie someone to learn under until he is ready to take over towards the end of the season. In the mean time they will still have someone who can get Larry the ball and is a better option than Stanton. Bradford is definitely not the long term plan or it wouldn't have been a 1 year deal. If they get the rookie they want, it might not be a bad move, we will see.

That rookie qb better be ready by week 3 or 4 not the end of the season! :D

They have Bradford and Stanton, that ought to get them till at least week 5 or 6. :unsure:

Cardinal's would have been better off with Case Keenum, but Denver offered him a pretty good deal. He went from making 2 million a year as a backup for the Vikes, to 18 million from Denver. Keenum had a very good year stepping in for Bradford.

Short term fill. Invest in fixing line with highend picks invested on o-line, then get big money qb next year when you can protect him.

I agree. Bradford is just a bridge guy. They're only signing him to one year contract with a second year option. It doesn't matter who they signed until they fix that O-line. Why sign a big $ QB only to have him get beat up? And if you spend all your $ on the QB, then you don't have any $ to fix the O-line and get another receiver and tight end. Worst case, Bradford gets injured again. Best case, he stays healthy and lights it up. We'll see. In the meantime, spend the money you saved on fixing the rest of the team.

Short term fill. Invest in fixing line with highend picks invested on o-line, then get big money qb next year when you can protect him.

I agree. Bradford is just a bridge guy. They're only signing him to one year contract with a second year option. It doesn't matter who they signed until they fix that O-line. Why sign a big $ QB only to have him get beat up? And if you spend all your $ on the QB, then you don't have any $ to fix the O-line and get another receiver and tight end. Worst case, Bradford gets injured again. Best case, he stays healthy and lights it up. We'll see. In the meantime, spend the money you saved on fixing the rest of the team.

Sign me up I would love to be somebody's bridge for 20mil!!!

• Like 2

He was the best available. They will have a new line. He is very accurate. I like Him. They will draft a QB. also. They will be a 500 team........BOB!

• Like 1

Bradford has the ability to give the Cardinals a good season. The big question, is his durability, and pocket awareness under pressure. The dude has lead feet at times, and goes down easy.

He was the best available. They will have a new line. He is very accurate. I like Him. They will draft a QB. also. They will be a 500 team........BOB!

So they won't be any better than last year? That sucks. I hope you're wrong. What's it going to take to be better than 500?

So they won't be any better than last year? That sucks. I hope you're wrong. What's it going to take to be better than 500?
Number one a good and healthy quarterback.