Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

New Cardinal's QB

I'm thinking that with the new coach and DJ ready to tear it up behind an improved O-line, look for the Cards to go to quick slants and outs to their receiver corps (which still needs MUCH upgrading!), and not so much the "risk it biscuit" downfield of BA ...

• Like 1

IMO They need to draft a DESTROYER to set the tone for the O Line. A real bulldozer! Someone durable hopefully. Williams and Hernandez fit the mold but I think I like McGlinchey the best out of any of them tat should be available. I'm not a big fan of Notre Dame but their consistent production of top tier O Linemen can hardly be debated. I hope they sit and get one of these guys. Hopefully the best of the bunch but Nelson will likely be long gone by 15.

Let's pretend they trade up into the top 5 picks to get a QB assuming he can sit and develop for at least a year under Bradford. Who do you guys like? I think we need a guy with a chip on his shoulder like Allen or Mayfield. The California primadonnas scare me. Jackson is the X factor and I can't get a solid read on him.

• Like 1

IMO They need to draft a DESTROYER to set the tone for the O Line. A real bulldozer! Someone durable hopefully. Williams and Hernandez fit the mold but I think I like McGlinchey the best out of any of them tat should be available. I'm not a big fan of Notre Dame but their consistent production of top tier O Linemen can hardly be debated. I hope they sit and get one of these guys. Hopefully the best of the bunch but Nelson will likely be long gone by 15.

Let's pretend they trade up into the top 5 picks to get a QB assuming he can sit and develop for at least a year under Bradford. Who do you guys like? I think we need a guy with a chip on his shoulder like Allen or Mayfield. The California primadonnas scare me. Jackson is the X factor and I can't get a solid read on him.

Josh Allen has the best arm by far, and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder. Lamar Jackson is the most athletic and can run the ball. Problem is, every third pass or so is way off target. I like Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield as 2 best in this draft. I don't think the Cards have much chance of getting one of the top 4 QBs in this draft. I don't think they should try to trade up to get a top 5 pick for a QB as they have too many other needs - O line, wide receiver, tight end, cornerback. In fact, I think they should maybe even trade down and get an extra 1st or second round pick. They could do that and get one of the lower ranked QBs. I really like Kyle Laletta - he lit it up at the senior bowl, and his film looks good. We could get him in the second round or maybe even 3rd. Then the Cards could use their first pick to address other need

• Like 1

Allen, Darnold, Rosen, could theoretically, be gone in the first 3 picks. Mayfield could be in the mix, but look out for the Giants making a trade up to possibly snag Mayfield. Unless the Cardinals get aggressive in the draft and trade up, I don't see them drafting one of the blue chip Qb's.

Rumor has it they are going to use their picks to strengthen the O line and get a few receivers. Then they are going to pick up Kapernick after the draft is over to be the QB. :P

Rumor has it they are going to use their picks to strengthen the O line and get a few receivers. Then they are going to pick up Kapernick after the draft is over to be the QB. :P

That guy committed career suicide.

That guy committed career suicide.

He has promised to approach his efforts a different way besides kneeling for the pledge :rolleyes:

You Cardinal fans better hope the Rams don't pick up Ndamukong Suh like many so called experts are predicting. With their secondary and Aaron Donald on the D line it won't matter who they get to protect Bradford.