Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

What's He Score?

I could totally let the cat out of the bag right now.

Shhhhh! The buck Nick shot is standing under the tree on the far right side of the last photo

Did Nick really shoot that deer? I assumed you or your dad shot it for him since he won't show me the video.

I could totally let the cat out of the bag right now.

Shhhhh! The buck Nick shot is standing under the tree on the far right side of the last photo

Did Nick really shoot that deer? I assumed you or your dad shot it for him since he won't show me the video.

I think so? He was in the blind alone. I only saw it once and that was on his viewfinder.

He REALLY surprised me. Trail cam pictures are very deceiving, it seems like all the bucks we have trail cam pics of are bigger on the ground than in photos. I thought he was 107-110". I sat for this buck the first day of the season but switched to a different spot on day 2 that had a bigger buck hitting more often. This buck only showed up 4-5 times in a 2 year span, so i thought the odds of killing him were slim. My dad went spot and stalk hunting in the morning on day 2 and after breakfast, decided to sit this blind. 45 minutes later this buck came running in and he shot him. He ended up scoring right around 118". i can't remember exactly but if i remember right, he has 18"+ main beams and around 38" of mass.

post-63-0-51501000-1521211347_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah that was my question. How long after first photo.

I've never measured a velvet buck. Does velvet add to the mass, or is it a non-factor?