Sign in to follow this  
AZAV8ER

anyone, what kind of experience in 35B last bunch of years?

What kind of hunts have you had in 35B last 5 or so years?

I haven't been seeing the quality of bucks I'm use to. Also last year I saw more Doe's without a Fawn than ever before. The last 3 years I've also noticed alot more predators. Watched a Bobcat try to run down a Fawn last year.

Hot, Mexicans, Jackwads with leftover tags running everywhere

I really think #3 has much more of an impact than people realize.

I think the "it's just a leftover tag, I'll shoot the first spike I see" mentality is really hurting the buck numbers.

• Like 1

There have Always been leftovers...Used to be three hunts not four...you dont think its the extra tags aka opportunity that are taking their toll?...not just 35b all the units?

Absolutely the increase in tags has a negative impact. I think alongside that, the mentality I mentioned above also hurts the population.

That mentality has been around as long as hunting

While I agree, I think you might be missing my point.

There always will and always have been "meat hunters" ( which is perfectly fine).

What I'm getting at is, (some) guys who don't use any points, and are probably not in their unit of choice seem to switch to a "If it's Brown it's down mentality". Where as these same guys would have more patience and hold out for something better on hunts they had the draw.

And I think that is having a big impact on the deer herd.

Agree or don't that's fine, but that's an opinion of mine that I have formed by ting mostly leftover hunts since they came out.

• Like 1

Guest oneshot

That mentality has been around as long as hunting

While I agree, I think you might be missing my point.

There always will and always have been "meat hunters" ( which is perfectly fine).

What I'm getting at is, (some) guys who don't use any points, and are probably not in their unit of choice seem to switch to a "If it's Brown it's down mentality". Where as these same guys would have more patience and hold out for something better on hunts they had the draw.

And I think that is having a big impact on the deer herd.

Agree or don't that's fine, but that's an opinion of mine that I have formed by ting mostly leftover hunts since they came out.

Shooting smaller Bucks reduces deer herd numbers??? You do know that the does give birth right??? bucks will breed with multi does???

Your premise makes zero sense FirstCouesWas80...