Sign in to follow this  
RTAYLOR

AZ G&F and trails cameras

Ran into game and fish officer yesterday and inquired about game cameras. I ll break down as easy as he said it!!

1st. a select few people ruined it for everbody!!!

2nd. if game camera is within 1/4 mile, it will be confiscated. If camera can t be confiscated, then it will be locked with az g&f lock.owner will have to contact g&f.

3.If game camera is reported stolen or damage within 1/4 mile. person reporting will be cited.Investigation to follow on criminal damage.

4. the last and most important thing.If issues continue with game cameras, they will be OUTLAWED or ILLEGAL within the state of AZ.

G&F officer was clear and to the point they are tired of dealing with complaints about cameras.

DON T SHOT THE MESSENGER!!!

• Like 1

Exploding cameras will be the new thing... all fun and games until someone loses some fingers

Don't believe the story. But it was ruined by people stealing cameras is what I think his point is. Problem is that its not hunters stealing the cameras (for the most part, right Blake?)

Don't believe the story. But it was ruined by people stealing cameras is what I think his point is. Problem is that its not hunters stealing the cameras (for the most part, right Blake?)

Seriously , and I don’t even know Blake , but that horse is so dead it’s not even funny. Give it a fu@king rest. No dog in the fight but G.D. You guys crack me up !!!!.......
  • Like 1

I don't think theft has anything to do with the G&F decision to restrict cameras around man made water. They are concerned with the guys that run 100's of cameras in a single unit and have every buck/bull named. Something about fair chase.

I also disagree with who many think are stealing cameras. IMO 90+% of theft is hunters and the rest are opportunist who stumble across them. I was convinced of this once I stopped placing cameras around water and put them 100's of yards away from water. Once I did this, I lost cameras during shed hunting season.

They are going to have a big lawsuit on their hands if they go confiscating cams on water. The law states you can't use cams on water to kill animals. I know people that use cams that aren't hunters. Good luck with that G&F.

• Like 2

Sound so like another G&F rep running his mouth. You should have ask him what his opinion was in regards to hunting in the same unit with your ex and an order of protection.

• Like 2

IF...big IF..this happens I'm sure there is lawyers already salivating over this "ban".

Jeff

IF...big IF..this happens I'm sure there is lawyers already salivating over this "ban".

Jeff

What's a lawyer gonna be able to do? I'm upset they banned drones and wont let me use a rocket launcher to kill my deer. Can I sue them?

I keep hearing the "fair chase" argument for banning game cameras. Where does the line get drawn for fair chase? What about the high dollar binoculars that can see for miles upon miles when glassing animals or the scopes that can help a hunter shoot out over 1,000 yards? How is hiring a guide to take you directly to an animal they pretty much have watched it's whole life considered fair chase but a game camera that sits on a trail or water source, not following the animal, is not fair chase? I don't get it but the law is the law. Curious to see what happens in the future.

• Like 3

Since I don't hunt in AZ, even though I want to, I am going to go put cameras on waterholes and when they get confiscated then we will find out how much I get paid for the violation of my rights. I am not breaking any laws so they can't take my cameras. It is up to the land use manager to determine if cameras are allowed, not G&F.

• Like 3

Put all you want up. Some citizen Barney Fife will be along with his trusty 4 pound sledge. I am not leaving mine out. This one is going to end up with some funny stories after it is implemented.

• Like 1