Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

Anyone like old guns? H&A Safety Police 32 cal.

A distant family member gave me this gun and i have no use for it and I'm not the type to have safe queens. I'm aware of the condition issues but everything is there on the gun and it seems to function just fine. I've done a bit of research on it but don't know a ton.

I hope someone can enjoy it. Open to offers.

post-1770-0-06383600-1521758947_thumb.jpg

post-1770-0-19521800-1521758976_thumb.jpg

I have a .38 like that and was told that modern .38 ammo would likely explode the barrel. I was told that it shot black powder .38 loads. I have NO idea if that was bogus information or not, but I have been scared to shoot it and have yet to pull it's trigger.

I have a .38 like that and was told that modern .38 ammo would likely explode the barrel. I was told that it shot black powder .38 loads. I have NO idea if that was bogus information or not, but I have been scared to shoot it and have yet to pull it's trigger.

I have one also. Since the company produced these from 1908-1917, black powder. A test by H A in 1910 on the police safety revolver using modern smokeless resulted in the guns failure.

I have one also. Since the company produced these from 1908-1917, black powder. A test by H A in 1910 on the police safety revolver using modern smokeless resulted in the guns failure.

Good to know Edge. I'm surprised that at that late date it was still a black powder revolver.

I bought one in nickel a couple years back as a Collection piece for $100.

not a high dollar pistol, even being as old as it is, H&R produced a bunch of affordable guns

This is a Hopkins & Allen not a Harrison + Richardson.

• Like 1