Huntermichael

Air Gun coming to archery seasons in AZ

Answer this honestly.

You are waiting for a muzzleloader or rifle tag, been applying for 10 years, you get the news you NOW have a TERMINAL illness and will not be able to wait another 3 or more years to draw a muzzleloader or rifle tag. What do you do?

Thats a simple answer. if I was terminal and had a desire to hunt. I would shoot one when ever I felt like it with anything I wanted to.

• Like 4

Answer this honestly.

You are waiting for a muzzleloader or rifle tag, been applying for 10 years, you get the news you NOW have a TERMINAL illness and will not be able to wait another 3 or more years to draw a muzzleloader or rifle tag. What do you do?

Thats a simple answer. if I was terminal and had a desire to hunt. I would shoot one when ever I felt like it with anything I wanted to.

At least you are honest.

But getting arrested and charged with a crime is not the way all people want to go out.

Answer this honestly.

At least you are honest.

But getting arrested and charged with a crime is not the way all people want to go out.

Why not? you would be dead in 3 years or less.

I dont think they arrest anyone for killing a animal with out a tag. i believe they write you a ticket and fine you but jail time isnt something they do i don't believe, oh yeah and you could loose your hunting privileges for a while ;)

but i dont think most people with a terminal illness you really worry about hunting to much.. more hanging out with family then at night hookers and blow

My elbow hurts

There is apparently something a little off with your .... err.... uhm..... stroking motion. Go get some therapy to correct it but no crossbow permit for you.

• Like 1

Off topic but:

Where does ABA stand on the use of trail cameras?

I have yet to see a statement from them helping other bow hunters out with the fight on the proposed rule but they want help with this?

Seems like the ABA represents bowhunters specifically. Not the entire hunting community. Not sure where they stands on trail cameras. What organizations are fighting against the trail camera rule? Have they reached out to ABA for help?

Personally, I'm stoked about the new regulation against them.

My elbow hurts

There is apparently something a little off with your .... err.... uhm..... stroking motion. Go get some therapy to correct it but no crossbow permit for you.
Dr. Feelgood wont let me down for a couple Ben franks.

QUOTING REDMAN

Respectfully, you are "disabled" not terminally ill and you can stand and bear weight on your legs. .

ME

Ok now you lost me! Im confused, is this law only for people who cannot stand? I'm thinking your loss of your friend might be puting you into fight mode rather than healthy debate mode. Your kinda throwing some stuff out there that we cannot quite follow.

So here's my side thoughts on little different issue. it's awesome that we can donate tags to sick kids and disabled vets and Wounded Warriors. It's great that we can donate tags or give our tags sign them over to our children under a certain age. It's a bummer that we can't donate a tag to an adult who has a terminal illness Such as your friend before he passed if I had an elk tag and I knew him it would be nice if it was legal for me to sign my tag over to that individual. I think that's one thing that we're lacking on and all these donated tags were doing I think that we should be able to sign over to somebody who is terminal. I don't think you should have to know the person I don't think that they should have to be your relative I think that anybody should be allowed to sign over a permit to somebody who is dying.

QUOTING REDMAN

Respectfully, you are "disabled" not terminally ill and you can stand and bear weight on your legs. .

ME

Ok now you lost me! Im confused, is this law only for people who cannot stand? I'm thinking your loss of your friend might be puting you into fight mode rather than healthy debate mode. Your kinda throwing some stuff out there that we cannot quite follow.

So here's my side thoughts on little different issue. it's awesome that we can donate tags to sick kids and disabled vets and Wounded Warriors. It's great that we can donate tags or give our tags sign them over to our children under a certain age. It's a bummer that we can't donate a tag to an adult who has a terminal illness Such as your friend before he passed if I had an elk tag and I knew him it would be nice if it was legal for me to sign my tag over to that individual. I think that's one thing that we're lacking on and all these donated tags were doing I think that we should be able to sign over to somebody who is terminal. I don't think you should have to know the person I don't think that they should have to be your relative I think that anybody should be allowed to sign over a permit to somebody who is dying.

The loss of my friend has not put me into fight mode, quite the opposite.

I have sent my support of the rule to the Game And Fish.

He could of used the "air gun" on his last bow hunt. He had a crossbow with a champ permit, it was awkward to get him into shooting position because of the size and probably would of tag out if we could have got him into position better.

Appreciate your last paragraph, it makes a lot of sense.

I still say shame on the ABA.

new crossbows can easily shot 1 " groups at 100 yrds.

this airgun doesn't need to be used because a person can't shot/cock a crossbow --,that's BS in my opinion

almost every new crossbow either comes with a cocking aid installed or can be used for cocking

new crossbows or smaller l- slim and light I'm sure 90% of anyone with a crossbow permit can easily become very proficient and capable of tagging out. if a shot presents itself during season..

what happened to the G&F putting out a questioner about a subject like this and not just agreeing with a few people asking !?

I do know that everyone is different - what your capable of doing -isn't true for all people - we know people abuse policies and find ways of "cheating" to get special privilages like crossbow permits.

why not just have a airgun /crossbow season - tags for all spieces- / that ought to raise a few comments!

On a side note I'm gonna buy a Remington 700 muzzleloader that can shoot twice as far as a cap and ball muzzy.

It cracks me up how people think crossbows are as deadly as rifles. First 200 yards, then 300 yards, now 1 groups at 100 yards? Lol. The majority of factory rifles cant group like that

check out missions new sub1 crossbow 1 in groups at 100 yrds! no jokin intended

even knumb nuts can shoot from a solid bipod rest and good optics

especially with bolts and broadheads designed to group at long range.

I just can't afford it - or i'd like to have one