Mr September

Let's see ALL the cool stuff you've done with Javelina...

Here is a european mount we did of a javalina my son shot.  He shot the javalina at 15 yards with a win. 308.  The only shot he had was a head shot.   We understand the ethics of shot placement but based on conditions and his experience we made the decision to take the shot.   

842EECB4-AA9F-4205-A75F-F7D7F8E2224A.jpeg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, syd34 said:

Here is a european mount we did of a javalina my son shot.  He shot the javalina at 15 yards with a win. 308.  The only shot he had was a head shot.   We understand the ethics of shot placement but based on conditions and his experience we made the decision to take the shot.   

842EECB4-AA9F-4205-A75F-F7D7F8E2224A.jpeg

Dead is dead. And instant.

So how do you guys get the lower jaw to stay open?  Epoxy or superglue?  I have one that I want to do that to but don't want to mess it up.

The pig was just a young female I would guess by its teeth.  Stuck out like a sore thumb.   

As opposed to the one I shot this year. Not the best dentile hygiene or really old male. 

187C0136-69E5-4DA7-A33E-F6C390281CFF.jpeg

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, AZbowhntr said:

So how do you guys get the lower jaw to stay open?  Epoxy or superglue?  I have one that I want to do that to but don't want to mess it up.

We used epoxy on ours.