A short drive was made up Hart Prairie Road to the west of the San Francisco Peaks to catch the sunset. The clouds did not allow the evening light to bathe the peaks. Another night.

HartPrairie7-26-09013copy.jpg

To the west was the better view of the translucent storm clouds and some showers towards Kendrick Peak.

HartPrairie7-26-09029copy.jpg

HartPrairie7-26-09028copy.jpg

Doug~RR

From Sedona Friday evening, since the moonrise over Cathedral Rock did not happen as planned due to the clouds blocking the sun on the rock, being a day late, and the moon rising too far north.

CopyofRedRaockCrossing10-03-09027.jpg

With the clouds though, I figured there may be a sunrise, so I returned Saturday morn, but the sun didn't get to peak below the cloud bank.

CopyofRedRaockCrossing10-03-09040.jpg

Here are some pictures from around Prescott during the snow storm yesterday. I took my son up to visit Grandma and we went out to the lakes to look at the waterfowl that was in the area.

The first one is Watson lake.

post-1967-1261628131_thumb.jpg

This one is from Granite Basin Lake.

post-1967-1261628047_thumb.jpg

Mogollon Rim from the deck off my bedroom last night.post-1778-1261662219_thumb.jpg

post-1778-1261662243_thumb.jpg

post-1778-1261662255_thumb.jpg

The hill in the foreground is where the Water Wheel

fire was that almost took out Beaver Valley and

Whispering Pines.

The little Diamond.

It was the last mearns hunt of the season, so took advantage of a nice sunset Saturday evening. I went to a spot that had a tree and water hole to catch a reflection, but alas the hole contained no water, so "settled" for the silhouette of the tree.

Copyof35A1-30-10005.jpg

Afterwards, I drove to a point to camp for the evening. THe late evening sky still contained some nice color well after the sun settled below the horizon.

Copyof35A1-30-10018.jpg

Copyof35A1-30-10015.jpg

And so the sun cast its blessing on another trip to southern Arizona.

Doug~RR