Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

Camper Rental?

Anyone here ever rented a camper? If so, who from?

Ive got an older coleman popup, but was looking to splurge for a weekend with my lady. Mainly because she enjoys things like walls and a shower (not that she doesn't enjoy camping, but this is supposed to be for her birthday). So I came up with the idea of maybe renting a small camper for the two of us to get out and enjoy the outdoors without the usual circus of family on our regular camping trips.

Ive got a 1/2 ton so im not worried about pulling something for the 2 of us. But a quick google search let me to a couple of sites, and craigslist. Most of them were a 3 night minimum at $100 a night. At that rate, I can find a pretty nice airbnb place for the two of us. (because we can only go up Friday to Sunday)

I was just curious if anyone had ever done this before

$100 a night doesn't seem too bad IMO- I can only imagine cheaper if a friend lent you theirs for free.

sorry, yeah. $100 isn't a bad price. Id be okay with that. But all the places I found were a 3 night (not day) minimum. So we'd have to shell out $300 for the weekend, with the first night hooked to the truck in front of the house, because we can only go for 2 nights.

Might just have to stick to the airbnb for the 3day/2 night timeline

Even the cheapest ones will run u over $100 a day with all the unadvertised additional fees they charge. I was going to rent one for a 6 week trip - $3500

My lady booked an AIRBNB last night... A mile from downtown flag. Hopefully it has a spot to stash my kayaks, and we don't wake up the host that stays below the rental when we come back from the flagstaff night life