Sign in to follow this  
Presmyk

6.5 grendal in ar.need small base dies?

When reloading for the grendal in a ar are small base dies a must or can you use just fl?

Are small base dies same as full length?

Are small base dies same as full length?

No, typically small base dies are used for reloading ammo to be used in some semi-autos.

I have shot the 6.8 SPC in an AR since it was introduced. I use full-length dies and I've never had a problem with the rounds not chambering.

I use SB dies in my .223 AR15. Never once had a feeding issue.

My brother has the same rifle, and uses a regular FL die, as he has a bolt gun in .223 as well. Only one time has he had to use the forward assist in his AR that I can recall.

I use SB dies in my .223 AR15. Never once had a feeding issue.

My brother has the same rifle, and uses a regular FL die, as he has a bolt gun in .223 as well. Only one time has he had to use the forward assist in his AR that I can recall.

.223 an AR? Excuse my ignorance for overlooking that one. I used to shoot IPSC. Burned up a few barrels and did not have issues with rounds chambering. I loaded my ammo with Dillon FL dies. With a semi-auto It is going to get down to the specific reamer used and how tight the chamber is to decide if SB dies are needed. I also used to shoot a L1-A1 and used FL .308 dies.

I'm using regular dies. Have had no issues.