Sign in to follow this  
257wby

New neighbors

Got some new neighbors this season. Guess I dont have to worry about the pigeons coming back. Looks like there are 3 little ones up there. Sorry, I couldnt rotate the pictures.

post-1890-0-42488400-1523064351_thumb.jpeg

post-1890-0-57487200-1523064378_thumb.jpeg

• Like 13

Hope you like your neighbors because It Is illegal to evict them. Typical squatters, they know every loophole.

• Like 1

Owls are in my opinion are the baddest azzes on the planet. About 7 years ago on an elk hunt I walked under a tree and had around 10 take off at the same time. One of the craziest things I've ever seen. Cool birls man enjoy!

Best Nieghbors ever!!! Cool pic, Im sure Amanda will like this thread!!!

Hope you don't have chickens...we lost 7 in a night to a pair of GHO's

I got buzzed by an owl on my last hunt. Never heard him.

Thats pretty cool

I got buzzed by an owl on my last hunt. Never heard him.

That is because of the way their feathers are designed so they can be "silent". Ravens are possibly the noisiest, I has a falcon pass within 10' of me after diving down from about a 300 yard perch chasing some quail. Seconds before it reached me I could hear it cutting through the air, sounded like a jet. He was horizontal in fill tuck.

• Like 1

Cool birds. I had one that hung around my jobsite every night until we closed the windows and doors off. One day the data guys came up to me in the early morning and asked if there's a problem anyone has with them. I didn't know what he was talking about and he went on to tell me that there is a dead mouse in their cat 5 cable coil in up in a rack about 20' off of the floor. I hopped on a lift and went to check it out. Sure enough dead mouse maimed up pretty good. It dawned on me the owl made the kill and was pushed out when we showed up and couldn't finish it eating it.

You're lucky. I have tons of respect for them and would love to have them at my house and watch them grow up. Keep us informed of their progress if you don't mind.

• Like 1

My family and I were sitting in the backyard the other night and an own flew right over our heads. Couldnt hear it fly over just saw a big butt wing span fly a couple feet over our heads. It was awesome. We have a couple of them in our neighborhood.