emoeck

Lightweight tripod

Im running Slik 330EZ tripod and Manfrotto 700 pan head with Swarovski 15x56 SLC binos.

Looking for best options for lightweight tripod and pan head.

I have been thinking of this myself and have been looking at the Promaster 325 and Outdoorsman head. Seems to be a popular pairing.

• Like 1

the challenge is always if you want to be able to stand. if you stand then you will pay more and have a bit heavier tripod even if you go carbon fiber.

I have a very light Benro carbon with a Jim White head which is about as light as I could get a set up but it is a sitting rig. I carry my Manfrotto pretty much all the time now it is carbon but at least a pound heavier, it is bullet proof and I can stand and glass.

Yeah Ive heard of the Promaster, I was thinking of the Slik 624cf tripod with Sportsmans Micro pan head combo for backpacking and keep my Slik 330 for back at truck.

I've got the 624 and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it. I do love it for backpacking because it's so lightweight but it can be difficult to sit up under it if you want to sit on anything while glassing. Also because its so light it's definitely more unstable but I guess that's just the nature of the beast.

The Promaster is a GREAT tripod and normally has a 1 year no fault warranty, which we extend to lifetime for members of the forum. It comes with a ball head but it can come off and you can get a pan fluid head for it. Special pricing as well

Happy to help out as always

Joel

516-217-1000

Camera Land

• Like 1

I have promaster 325s one with a outdoorsmans pan and the other with the pistol. Both can use standing up. I am 6ft tall. Great setups

I have been using a Vanguard Espod 233CB, its nice, light and holding up well. Its a carbon fiber model they don't make anymore, dang shame. The closest thing they have to it now is Vanguard Alta+ 233AO only 1.6 lbs 57 inch high. Don't stand to glass so this size tripod works great and easy to pack, also works to shoot over when you pop binos off Swarovski Universal Tripod Adaptor.