Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Email from NM Game and Fish

Expect roadblocks this hunting season......

How cruel is that? They know we're waiting for an email from them.

Yep. I got the same e-mail and was super disappointed. Maybe it is a test for tomorrow since I will be on the road to Silver City going over the Black Range.

Yep. I got the same e-mail and was super disappointed. Maybe it is a test for tomorrow since I will be on the road to Silver City going over the Black Range.

Going turkey hunting?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that email. Hopefully they will release the results on Wednesday!

What did the email say? I didn't get one...

The usual " expect roadblocks during the upcoming hunting season"

They check hunters and game for compliance I guess. Here's the email:

news banner bw logo

New Mexico Department of Game and Fish

Media contact: Ross Morgan, (505) 222-4707

Public contact: (888)-248-6866

ross.morgan@state.nm.us

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, APRIL 9, 2018:

Expect roadblocks statewide

during hunting and fishing seasons

SANTA FE – The Department of Game and Fish will conduct roadblocks throughout the state during hunting and fishing seasons to collect harvest data and to detect wildlife law violations.

The 2018-2019 hunting and fishing season began April 1. All hunters and anglers are required to purchase a new license before hunting and fishing. Anglers can expect roadblocks throughout the summer. Guides and outfitters are also reminded that new registration is required.

Youth turkey season begins April 6 and the general season begins April 15. Trapping and hunting season continues for raccoons April 1 to May 15 and April 1-30 for beaver, muskrat and nutria. Year-round cougar, Barbary sheep, off-range oryx and off-mountain ibex seasons run from April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019.

For more information, please consult the department’s Hunting Rules & Information booklet, available at www.wildlife.state.nm.us or at area offices and license vendors.

At roadblocks, conservation officers also will check for compliance with the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Act. Drivers of vehicles hauling wood products will be asked to produce documentation as required by the Forest Conservation Act.

Department officers may be assisted by other law enforcement agencies such as the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, New Mexico State Police or county sheriff’s offices. As a result, the public may encounter minor delays.

Everyone is encouraged to report any wildlife crime or suspected crime they see while enjoying New Mexico’s great outdoors.

To report a wildlife crime, please call Operation Game Thief toll free at 1-800-432-GAME (4263). Callers can remain anonymous and earn rewards for information leading to charges being filed. Violations also can be reported online at Operation Game Thief.

###

NM Game and Fish Questions?

Contact Us

STAY CONNECTED:

Visit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Visit us on YouTube Sign up for email updates

Bookmark and Share

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:

Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe | Help

This email was sent to tom.martin@msn.com using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: New Mexico Department of Game & Fish · PO Box 25112 · Santa Fe, NM 87504 · (505) 476-8000 GovDelivery logo

Yesterday I got the Fishing Report at 10 am, I can’t take another email from the NM G&F that isn’t about the draw results.... i might lose it.

Going turkey hunting?

Yep but not until the 15th. Playing chauffeur for the wife, down and back in one day.