elkaholic

G&F new TAG printings

I've always thought it stupid you sign your tag before the hunt anyway. They already know you drew the tag so why not sign it after you kill so once its signed it cant be used anymore? Really think it's just one more thing they just want to catch you on.

The tag clearly states "not valid until signed"

Just like the back of your credit card, same concept.

Which they're now going away from with the chip.

chip or not, it still has to be signed. It clearly states it, just like your tag.

chip or not, it still has to be signed. It clearly states it, just like your tag.

Everyone knows that. We just think its stupid. It makes zero sense. Other than to catch you on something. I apply for a tag i get a tag in the draw they obviously okayed me hunting that animal. So why have to sign it? Should sign after you kill it.

Yeah, having to sign the tag is a silly rule. I would imagine that it has to do with the fact that you are taking full credit for understanding where the tag is to be used and who is to use the tag.

You don't know the struggle until you forget to sign your tag, forget a pen, and try and sign your tag with a lead tipped bullet.

Too funny, man!!!! I thought I was the only one!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope I've done it too!

So I was in a hunter ed class a couple years ago with a youth and what they said is signing your tag basically is you signing that you read what's on the tag. So if you sign that means you know the hunt unit and dates and legal game. So if you sign thinking you got your first choice but didn't actually look at the tag and now your hunting a different season in your first choice unit they can say well...you signed your tag.

I'm with you guys though I think it's kind of a stupid deal. A guy should know what hunt he's got regardless of if the tag has a signature on it or not

Everyone knows that. We just think its stupid. It makes zero sense. Other than to catch you on something. I apply for a tag i get a tag in the draw they obviously okayed me hunting that animal. So why have to sign it? Should sign after you kill it.

Lol. Ok.......

Wow I had no idea you were supposed to have it already signed. I always thought it was once you killed. Maybe that's a PA law? Was it always like that?

Wow I had no idea you were supposed to have it already signed. I always thought it was once you killed. Maybe that's a PA law? Was it always like that?

That's a every other state except AZ law.

Several years ago, I went on a ride along with a wildlife manager during a turkey hunt. Almost everyone he checked didn't have their tag signed. He kindly handed them a pen and asked if they could sign their tag and sent them on the way.

I've always thought it stupid you sign your tag before the hunt anyway. They already know you drew the tag so why not sign it after you kill so once its signed it cant be used anymore? Really think it's just one more thing they just want to catch you on.

The tag clearly states "not valid until signed"

So theoretically, hunting with an unsigned tag makes your hunt illegal since the unsigned tag in your pocket is currently invalid. An over zealous warden could technically write you up. Not that it would happen, but sign it and eliminate the chance.

Just like the back of your credit card, same concept.

Exactly the point. He said I had no business hunting with out a valid tag. He got pissed when I said tag ain't no good until I kill a deer. Lesson learned.

What a great problem to have -

I will begin scouting for a Sharpie so when ever I get a tag I am prepared.

• Like 2