Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

The rich get the tags, the guides make lots of money, nothing goes to support the animals and me and trphyhunter never hunt again.. Is GRIZ LAWRANCE INOLVED WITH THIS. those were the days, and I no if were not guides were Idiots, I've heard

• Like 1

Well her hopes of drawing a trophy tag will go way down when this groups whores them all. Unless they sign one over to your daughter for all your help pimping this joke of an organization.

• Like 1

How did the Democrats manage to get you guys to turn on your own? I can't believe all of the class warfare being thrown around here. Any of you employed by a poor man? Other than you self employed such as myself. Who cares how much money they have or how much more they hunt than YOU do. If they are going to ensure our ability to hunt welcome them!

Allocating tags for money is a tax. I pay my share in taxes but I would prefer not to pay excessive taxes. Now who is the democrat?
Nobody is mandating that you pay.

If they allow the taking of state resource, which I am native resident of, than I am paying that tax. So are you.
No you don't have to participate in the raffle or draw however you do get the benefit of the "tax" that others voluntarily pay.

I wouldn't benefit. I do not need an organization of questionable interest taking tags from one of my friends or neighbors to educate people that hunting is good. I can on my own, without auction money, tell non hunters that hunting is great.

Ooohh that's the plan to fight the HSUS. Why didn't I think of that?

It's not about class warfare. It's about a certain class wanting to manipulate the system for their exclusive gain. I'm glad there's tons of people with the kind of money to buy auction tags. I have nothing against the rich either in any way. I would think the rich should be up in arms that thay they are being asked to foot the bill with auction tags. There's a reason why they aren't up in arms though and certainly don't mind footing the bill exclusively.

There's gotta be a way for the common man to share in the burden being asked of the rich(auction tags) so there is no class warfare and everyone's helping the situation, not just one class ( auction tags). It's actually not about class warfare but more about sharing the

Burden which the rich should want the common man to do( raffle tags).

Every class helps the situation and thus every class benefits Inherantly from footing the burden(raffle tags). I would think the raffle way would actually be the very opposite of class warfare, and the rich should want the other classes to help foot the bill, righttt???

After some quick research AZSFWC or whatever their acronym is. Approximately 72% of money collected in 2016 went to Admin fees. (guidestar.org)

• Like 2

How did the Democrats manage to get you guys to turn on your own? I can't believe all of the class warfare being thrown around here. Any of you employed by a poor man? Other than you self employed such as myself. Who cares how much money they have or how much more they hunt than YOU do. If they are going to ensure our ability to hunt welcome them!

Allocating tags for money is a tax. I pay my share in taxes but I would prefer not to pay excessive taxes. Now who is the democrat?
Nobody is mandating that you pay.

If they allow the taking of state resource, which I am native resident of, than I am paying that tax. So are you.
No you don't have to participate in the raffle or draw however you do get the benefit of the "tax" that others voluntarily pay.

I wouldn't benefit. I do not need an organization of questionable interest taking tags from one of my friends or neighbors to educate people that hunting is good. I can on my own, without auction money, tell non hunters that hunting is great.
Ooohh that's the plan to fight the HSUS. Why didn't I think of that?

But isn't that what we just did and it worked?

76...Never said it was not worth doing....Please step away from your keyboard and start the process......please keep names and contact info of the state representatives you speak to and meet with so we can also contact them and help speed the process along.....Be the guy that changes the whole system for the betterment of all sportsman.....Please let all the local wildlife organizations know how they can help you.... Or sit behind your keyboard and tell others how to get it done...the choice is yours....

• Like 2

Still no one has come up with any other ideas all they want to do is say no! It's like I'm talking to a bunch of Dodge drivers

Guess you just read what tou want and totally ignored Flatlanders post with his list of ideas.

• Like 1

Still no one has come up with any other ideas all they want to do is say no! It's like I'm talking to a bunch of Dodge drivers

Guess you just read what tou want and totally ignored Flatlanders post with his list of ideas.

I did not see his post. I just went back and read it and yes there are some great ideas. Some of those I conveyed yesterday on the phone. All of these need to be taken into consideration.

I GUESS WE WANT PROOF!

If indeed (whatever the group is calling itself this time) stopped the HSUH. Congrats.

How did you do it!? How many man hrs.!? How much money was spent !? Where did those funds come from !?

to say transparency-open forum--you've ALREADY FAILED-EVEN PEOPLE IN YOUR OWN GROUPS DIDN'T KNOW--AGAIN

Don't just say--- look what we did and we need more money to stop the next time,cuz they'll be back and we want to be prepared---

The only way we can get the money is by raffling/ selling off Arizona's best big game tags/.

Last time it was because we needed a new expo- this time to fund the fight!

DO not be fooled -

JUST SAY NO

• Like 1

I would think if admin fees are a high or even near where stated earlier, that bringing those admin fees to a healthy reduced amount would allow more money to flow into the fight. If these people are asking for more money which I understand then why not trim the fat on the admin fees which seem to be ridiculous. If there's so much care and urgency then lots of these people should be willing to trim the fat. I'll bet if the fat was trimmed they wouldn't need as many extra tags and the raffle tags way could work rather nicely. Isn't this a simple fix. I would rather have no tags given up to generate funds for this cause but if it's absolutely necessary then the raffle Is a way of last ditch effort to help the problem. Then everyone benefits not just one class.

I’m going on duty for the next 72 hrs and my ability to post will be limited.....But a few thoughts to consider

When the last attempt at something like this took place a very large number of sportsman screamed and yelled from the mountain tops that a new group was needed to make sure nothing like that ever took place again. So in conjunction with representatives from the game and fish department a new group was formed....They were gonna change the world....They had ONE yes ONE meeting before they all realized that it was going to take time and effort....Then they all went away till now....Now the same people are back screaming and yelling about the same things but the overwhelming majority of them have done absolutely NOTHING since the last go around......a great majority of those individuals are posters on this very site..please tell us why you have done nothing since the last effort

For all of you posting ideas....Why are you not taking the bull by the Horne’s and making these changes yourself....is it because it’s much easier to sit behind your keyboard and tell someone else what they should do. Do you not know how to get started....I’m sure anyone of the local wildlife organizations can point you in the right direction....Or a quick interweb search can provide all the info needed....Stop telling others what to do and show all of us what you can do....Be the one that changes the system get laws passed...Make the bad man go away.......My guess is the overwhelming majority of you would rather be an antagonist then make a positive change......in the end this effort probably won’t happen you can all wave your pitch forks and pat yourself on the back about a job well done.....But for those of you that currently work for positive change and are willing to put forth the needed effort.....Know this it’s appreciated more then you know. When they come and they will ....maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but yrs from now....win or loose you know that you made an effort....You stepped away from your keyboard and did all you could......Thank you

• Like 3

I’m going on duty for the next 72 hrs and my ability to post will be limited.....But a few thoughts to consider

When the last attempt at something like this took place a very large number of sportsman screamed and yelled from the mountain tops that a new group was needed to make sure nothing like that ever took place again. So in conjunction with representatives from the game and fish department a new group was formed....They were gonna change the world....They had ONE yes ONE meeting before they all realized that it was going to take time and effort....Then they all went away till now....Now the same people are back screaming and yelling about the same things but the overwhelming majority of them have done absolutely NOTHING since the last go around......a great majority of those individuals are posters on this very site..please tell us why you have done nothing since the last effort

For all of you posting ideas....Why are you not taking the bull by the Horne’s and making these changes yourself....is it because it’s much easier to sit behind your keyboard and tell someone else what they should do. Do you not know how to get started....I’m sure anyone of the local wildlife organizations can point you in the right direction....Or a quick interweb search can provide all the info needed....Stop telling others what to do and show all of us what you can do....Be the one that changes the system get laws passed...Make the bad man go away.......My guess is the overwhelming majority of you would rather be an antagonist then make a positive change......in the end this effort probably won’t happen you can all wave your pitch forks and pat yourself on the back about a job well done.....But for those of you that currently work for positive change and are willing to put forth the needed effort.....Know this it’s appreciated more then you know. When they come and they will ....maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but yrs from now....win or loose you know that you made an effort....You stepped away from your keyboard and did all you could......Thank you

How about the group that's willing and wanting to help finds the money from multiple classes of people and doesn't pretty much push an idea that benefits one class. It's kinda ironic that the way that's supposedly the best way always inclvokved benefiting one class. Maybe the " caring few " in these groups willing to help could brainstorm a little harder and quit using up so many of the funds for admin fees. I wouldn't mind supporting these groups but there's somerhing fishy with the way that's always proposed. I would be the first to make a 100 dollar donation and stand behind them if they would come up with other scenarios that domlnt seem to always benefit one class. It's not about Tryimg to reinvent the horse with another group but more about cleaning out the mentality that lets just we the rich take over and handle the problem which is not right. I agree rhat there's several smart people with good intent in these groups willing to help and I applaud them for their effort. . But there's surely a need to broaden the scope of their horizons to involve the common man in their assistance. I would rather have twice the tags needed for an auction situation go to the raffle than be bought out by the elite. Am I missing something on why this can't be handled without this going the auction way and benefiting only one class of POEPLE.
  • Like 3

Thats not true I left an entire list.

• Like 1