Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

It's not a bullshit answer.

Pete and Jim talked about the legislative/political strategy on Wednesday at our meeting. I don't have any background in that stuff. Perhaps you do?

I'm just saying instead of offering a donation of money once the plan is in place, perhaps donate time to help with the plan itself.

Twig- is that the only bullshit answer you have? If the groups decide to go for a lobbyist and hit the legislature I will be the first to donate $500 to the effort. Get enough of us to do that and it might just solve the problem forever without whoring out our tags. Someone already said they spent $250000 on the lion issue and still haven't said exactly how the money helped to stop people from signing the petition. Did they buy TV ads? Did they run magazine ads? I told my Romanian employees that the dirty HSUS hippies were from California and were pro abortion so they could get their 1000 church members to hassle people. Show us some details of how the $250000 helped. I think you are using the chicken little method to get tags for outfitters and SFW/SCI.

• Like 1

Im so confused with this whole thing.

1-Does game and fish keep the tags and run the raffle/auction in house and the money goes back to them for education?

2- Are the tags transferred to conserve and protect to run the raffle/auction and they hold onto the money for an education program/campaign?

The way it was explained to me your 2nd option is correct

The way the HPC system works is; the critter group(s )never take possession of the tag. The group auctions the rights to the tag at chosen event. The group collects the money from the individual that buys the tag then sends a check for the exact same amount to the G&F. The tag is then sent to the individual.

As I understand the current proposal, it would work the same way but the money would not go to the HPC fund but instead to the Education fund.

1-Does game and fish keep the tags and run the raffle/auction in house and the money goes back to them for education?

2- Are the tags transferred to conserve and protect to run the raffle/auction and they hold onto the money for an education program/campaign?

This is how I understand the proposal to lay out. It is basically a dual action approach. Please direct your questions about the Conserve and Protect plan to the info email they have provided. But this comes from our meeting on Wednesday night.

Action 1 - Raise money to educate the public on the importance of Wildlife Management. This is where the potential use of tag raffles and auctions come in. The funds from the Tags would be used for this cause. The money would not be held within Conserve and Protect rather it would be similar to the HPC process.

Action 2 - Build resources within Conserve and Protect to fight . Have a group in place that is able to do the things needed that critter groups such as ours cannot do. ADBSS is concerned about Sheep, AES is concerned about Elk, ADA is concerned about deer.... critter groups are not able to fight the "HSUS" type pf political fights, neither is AZGFD.

The way the HPC system works is; the critter group(s )never take possession of the tag. The group auctions the rights to the tag at chosen event. The group collects the money from the individual that buys the tag then sends a check for the exact same amount to the G&F. The tag is then sent to the individual.

As I understand the current proposal, it would work the same way but the money would not go to the HPC fund but instead to the Education fund.

So If the money goes back to the Department then where does the politics come into play?

For those. Of you who cant make the Tuesday ADA meeting please e mail me your questions and I will try and get you answers. azdeer1@cox.net

If you would like I can try and post the questions and answers here for all to see. I will try and follow up with any additional questions at that time

• Like 3

This is how I understand the proposal to lay out. It is basically a dual action approach. Please direct your questions about the Conserve and Protect plan to the info email they have provided. But this comes from our meeting on Wednesday night.

Action 1 - Raise money to educate the public on the importance of Wildlife Management. This is where the potential use of tag raffles and auctions come in. The funds from the Tags would be used for this cause. The money would not be held within Conserve and Protect rather it would be similar to the HPC process.

Action 2 - Build resources within Conserve and Protect to fight . Have a group in place that is able to do the things needed that critter groups such as ours cannot do. ADBSS is concerned about Sheep, AES is concerned about Elk, ADA is concerned about deer.... critter groups are not able to fight the "HSUS" type pf political fights, neither is AZGFD.

Why is there a need for this organiztion to raise funds to educate? My understanding is that the azgfd can fund an education campaign themselves.

• Like 2

GJMauro12 -So If the money goes back to the Department then where does the politics come into play?

See my post above about Action #2

Looking at the AZ elk society page, looks like HSUS had to pull out because of losing their leadership due to sexual scandals? What did Conserve and Protect do with the $250,000? Hire a couple of underage hookers?

post-63-0-46554900-1523666224_thumb.png

• Like 2

Looking at the AZ elk society page, looks like HSUS had to pull out because of losing their leadership due to sexual scandals? What did Conserve and Protect do with the $250,000? Hire a couple of underage hookers?

attachicon.gif0BFA64E4-9AB4-4FCC-A1D6-E9E2B95B4CDC.png

the $250,000 was Petes fee for talking to the media about it in the article I posted from Lances post a month ago or so. ;)

they didnt do jack shoot, they claim they did but they didnt. the guys who called HSUS and emailed did what it took and / or the above reason. but giving PETE and his Merry men any credit for that is a joke!

Pete and his merry men just found an opportunity to look cool and like heros for the hunting community.

• Like 1

Guys I just interviewed Pete Cimellaro of ConserveandProtectAZ.org again (Episode 426) and asked him questions specifically from the questions you guys listed above. Give it a listen as I believe you will gain some more understanding of what they are proposing and why they are doing so. I tried to ask as many specific questions as time would allow.

Links to the episode 423, 424 and 426 Jay Scott Outdoors Podcast

For IOS and Apple users, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/jay-scott-outdoors-western/id970694987?mt=2

For Android and PC users, http://jayscottoutdoors.podbean.com/?source=pb

Please send comments and questions to info@conserveandprotectaz.org

• Like 1

So if you dont live in Phoenix, NW Tucson, or Oro valley. And you want to join a group and get involved, is there a list of groups a guy can join if he works 5-6 days a week and 12 hours a day? Lots of us care but getting involved in a group isnt easy.