Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Any revenue generated by these tags can't be spent outside the regulations G&F must follow. Same revenue can be created with a fee added to licenses or at application periods.

Any political fight must come from private people/organizations and private money.

Any money generated off of the public resource is public money and regulated.

If for some reason a loophole allowed 501c groups to access that money for public education, then it would be open to all groups including the antis who would use it against us to... conserve and protect animals by outlawing hunting, education.

This is either a red herring on a way to circumvent the 'no political' G&F rule that other revenues can't.

Or it's a 4 way sword edge that will help our many enemies more than us.

Only advantage I see is for the orgs that sell these at banquets is the added attendance and revenue from same.

If you are going to stretch the intent of the rules, use Pittman/Robinson money in the guise of hunter/potential hunter ed announcements.

Kent

• Like 1

You can tell Pete is all for the auction tags and that's where he loses my support. No doubt they bring in more money but it's the simple fact of not letting even just a couple rich guys have access to the front of the line. Even if its just a week or two long auction tag. If they need more money then bump up the number of raffle tags.

Someone please show me where SFW and conserve and protect are one in the same. Hard facts not personal opinions or hearsays. SFW takes an enormous amount of money and refuses to show where it goes and who gets paid....if Im not mistaken conserve and protect has repeatedly said 100% of monies raised go possibly to a fund similar to the HPC fund and it is put on by a group of volunteers and NO one gets paid. Please show all of us where Don Peay has any thing to do with this....

Blake....If you and all the other are so concerned about the group that is pushing this but you admit you see a need for a fundraising source WHY dont you and a group of trusted sportsman takeover the cause or start your own fundraising initiatives.....

Please be the guys that stops the bad man from taking your tags!!!!

Is it because it might take time and effort?

Is it because it might be hard ?

Or is it because the average sportsman just dont care enough to do anything more then just sit behind the keyboard and complain and tell others to do what needs to be done.

PLEASE TELL US ALL.....

• Like 1

There is simply no need to generate funds by raffling/auctioning tags for the context given. Create a general education fund fee in whatever form is easiest.

Kent

• Like 1

Money raised from the 200 tags in the raffle in Utah 1.50 of the 5.00 per raffle tag goes to conservation on the ground, 70 percent of the money goes to admin fees for SFW and the mule deer foundation.

You'll be happy to know that a state wide az mule deer tag is auctioned off at the same expo. 280,000 last year.

The good news is over 4 million is raised at the event and a large amount like 93 percent of that money hits the ground.

Also good news is the money from az auction tags does come back to az.

This is all new to me and I'm having a head ache now

Someone please show me where SFW and conserve and protect are one in the same. Hard facts not personal opinions or hearsays. SFW takes an enormous amount of money and refuses to show where it goes and who gets paid....if Im not mistaken conserve and protect has repeatedly said 100% of monies raised go possibly to a fund similar to the HPC fund and it is put on by a group of volunteers and NO one gets paid. Please show all of us where Don Peay has any thing to do with this....

Blake....If you and all the other are so concerned about the group that is pushing this but you admit you see a need for a fundraising source WHY dont you and a group of trusted sportsman takeover the cause or start your own fundraising initiatives.....

Please be the guys that stops the bad man from taking your tags!!!!

Please tell us why

Dave you keep going to that about well why don't you do it? How about instead of making a whole separate group from nothing, we use the already formed groups that people know like you guys are doing and just do raffle tags? I've never said that your guys goal is a bad thing. I'm simply asking start with raffle tags before jumping to auction tags. But when I talk to you on the phone several times and you say oh no no there wont be any auction tags. And if there are it will be one of the current auction tags already. Then Pete straight up says we need auction tags and were gonna have them because they bring in more money. That's the whole point why people aren't going to support this. No shortcuts for rich people to get tags. Raffle off more tags if needed. Every dam week the elk and deer society raffle off swaros and sell out in a few hours. Why cant this group do the same on top of the raffle tags? I'm not saying what you guys are doing is bad but simply giving my opinion that we don't need auction tags. If no auction tags I'll support this til the end. But when auction tags are in the mix its gonna be a no from the majority.
  • Like 3

While the overwhelming majority of the average sportsman sit behind their keyboard and complain there are hard working men and woman young and old who spend their time raising money, hauling water, fixing fences, repairing and installing new water holes.... supporting the Dept when needed and the list goes on and on and on so that YOU THE AVERAGE SPORTSMAN have healthy herds and the opportunity to hunt....They don’t do it for money or accolades they do it because it’s part of who the are and they care....

I say this to the AVERAGE SPORTSMAN....get off your collective ##### and do something....Hunting is not a right it’s a privilege and it’s one your not going to recognize if YOU don’t do something positive!!!!!

• Like 2

Raffle tags will not work, 673,000 raised in last years big game super raffle which is nation wide and 10 tags and that's not going to get the funds needed.

• Like 1

I haven't made up my mind on this yet, but I'm leaning to supporting Conserve and Protect. The Rich aren't the enemy. There is an Elk organization that has a few wealthy members and they donate tons of cash, banquet prizes that are high dollar, and are better connected than me politically and socially. They are very valuable with or without getting tags. I can't afford to donate as much as them, but I'm not going to be ignorant and jealous when they have that opportunity and I'm able to somewhat benefit from them and their efforts. That would be a liberal argument.

Think of it this way, Doctors can charge a lot of money. That sucks. I still want one around if I suffer trauma to my man parts.

• Like 2

Some of us do what we can, the on the ground work is poorly ran by all groups who do the work, they don't get the word out and they don't have flexibility on the times. I would love to get out there and get involved but it's always on the weekend and it's last minute if I hear anything at all , this area needs a lot o work to get the word out. Again education

• Like 1

Wow. The guy on the podcast was right, you guys really do need a good spokesman like Don Peay because the ones on this thread aren't cutting it. There are 275,000 hunters in this state. The 3 groups supporting this maybe number 5,000-7,000(and i'll bet a majority of those don't support this either). That about 2-3%. Maybe if you worked to get those numbers up over 10% you wouldn't need welfare auction tags. The title of this thread is "unit wide raffle and auction tags" is it not?

While the overwhelming majority of the average sportsman sit behind their keyboard and complain there are hard working men and woman young and old who spend their time raising money, hauling water, fixing fences, repairing and installing new water holes.... supporting the Dept when needed and the list goes on and on and on so that YOU THE AVERAGE SPORTSMAN have healthy herds and the opportunity to hunt....They don’t do it for money or accolades they do it because it’s part of who the are and they care....

I say this to the AVERAGE SPORTSMAN....get off your collective ##### and do something....Hunting is not a right it’s a privilege and it’s one your not going to recognize if YOU don’t do something positive!!!!!

Any of you guys saying conserve and protect and sfw are different must think we are all just a bunch of deplorables. A quick search shows they have near identical board members and interests. Conserve and protect is just a sorry, BS attempt to fool the public into thinking it is a different group. Isnt Sneaky Pete the president of both? SMH.

• Like 3