Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Someone please show me where SFW and conserve and protect are one in the same. Hard facts not personal opinions or hearsays. SFW takes an enormous amount of money and refuses to show where it goes and who gets paid....if Im not mistaken conserve and protect has repeatedly said 100% of monies raised go possibly to a fund similar to the HPC fund and it is put on by a group of volunteers and NO one gets paid. Please show all of us where Don Peay has any thing to do with this....

Blake....If you and all the other are so concerned about the group that is pushing this but you admit you see a need for a fundraising source WHY dont you and a group of trusted sportsman takeover the cause or start your own fundraising initiatives.....

Please be the guys that stops the bad man from taking your tags!!!!

Is it because it might take time and effort?

Is it because it might be hard ?

Or is it because the average sportsman just dont care enough to do anything more then just sit behind the keyboard and complain and tell others to do what needs to be done.

PLEASE TELL US ALL.....

Information taken from http://azsfwc.org/about/ and the email Jay Scott printed in regards to Conserve protect arizona. I added the arrows.

post-4480-0-71089500-1523732870_thumb.png

Forgot to credit column on the right is the AZFWC board of Directors.

• Like 3

Wouldn't matter if it was Woodchucks united that brought this up, say we need this money to fight the anti's...

Uh, all you can do is be the selling agent, once G&F has the money your input is over concerning how it's spent and on what context.

Kent

Blake...I have made my thoughts very clear in are conversations. You know my stance I also made it very clear I’m not part of conserve and protect but I know the players very well. I also made it clear there is no plan in place just a concept and that I had not listened to the pod cast prior to are conversation so I had no idea what was said in them. You are well aware I’m not for the kings deer concept.....But I am in favor of a plan that will raise the funds needed to fight the fight whatever that fight looks like....

The current wildlife organizations are taxed in what they can do....All the work that gets done is done by volunteers!!!!

They ALL put up a huge amount of money to fight off HSUS....THEY ARE the people do the work behind the scenes so that the average sportsman can enjoy the sport. And there are almost NO new volunteers coming in....You all ask why you always see the same names pop up...It’s because they have been involved for yrs and there is NO ONE else that is willing to do ANYTHING....

If every sportsman in Az gave 20.00 Dollars a year we would never have this conversation. But they won’t give a dime...

There are 27 #### pages of you and everyone else on the site screaming about the Dept raising tag fees a few yrs back. You all were gonna be living in a card board box down in the river because of it. Now you want the dept to add a special fee to fight the fight !!!!

Ultimately it does not matter what the Dept or any wildlife organizations proposed the average sportsman is going to complain. It’s what they do best !!! Someone is getting screwed or not getting there’s , someone might have an advantage the list goes on and on

• Like 2

Ya, I didn't see them out at the zoo when I took my grandkids and the petitioners were out on the sidewalk looking for signers. I didn't see them debating the issue with them so everyone else just walked by without signing.

Or that it was all over facebook denouncing the anti's position and supporting the hunter's, and visa versa, but it was out there for folks to decide on their own.

Kent

Kent I personally spent several days at the zoo as did my wife and at Whole Foods and the dmv and several other places. As did MANY other individuals did....

Where we at every place at every time no...We were not

• Like 1

Idgaf....Am I missing where that ties SFW or Don Peay to this group....We all know that a number of individuals that are one one list are on the other but my Question was where does SFW and Don Peay sit on conserve and protect

Blake...I have made my thoughts very clear in are conversations. You know my stance I also made it very clear Im not part of conserve and protect but I know the players very well. I also made it clear there is no plan in place just a concept and that I had not listened to the pod cast prior to are conversation so I had no idea what was said in them. You are well aware Im not for the kings deer concept.....But I am in favor of a plan that will raise the funds needed to fight the fight whatever that fight looks like....

The current wildlife organizations are taxed in what they can do....All the work that gets done is done by volunteers!!!!

They ALL put up a huge amount of money to fight off HSUS....THEY ARE the people do the work behind the scenes so that the average sportsman can enjoy the sport. And there are almost NO new volunteers coming in....You all ask why you always see the same names pop up...Its because they have been involved for yrs and there is NO ONE else that is willing to do ANYTHING....

If every sportsman in Az gave 20.00 Dollars a year we would never have this conversation. But they wont give a dime...

There are 27 #### pages of you and everyone else on the site screaming about the Dept raising tag fees a few yrs back. You all were gonna be living in a card board box down in the river because of it. Now you want the dept to add a special fee to fight the fight !!!!

Ultimately it does not matter what the Dept or any wildlife organizations proposed the average sportsman is going to complain. Its what they do best !!! Someone is getting screwed or not getting theres , someone might have an advantage the list goes on and on

Has there ever been an account set up for sportsman to donate $20 to this specific cause? No. . So you don't know how much would be donated to the cause. Last I checked all of us donate several hundred if not thousands of dollars in draws, app fees, raffle tags, donations to raffles of each organization etc. . All the while here we thought game and fish was using atleast some of our money for education just to find out they weren't. Who knows what it was spent on but its obvious they didnt care to try and use it to educate people. I understand the part they cant use it for political fights but youd think maybe they'd use some to try and inform the public about their cause and purpose. But alas they DIDNT. Now the story line is we have to raise more money RIGHT NOW or were going down. Well why didnt the game and fish look out for hunters in the years leading up to this? They got their tag and license fee raises but what changed? Extra new truck? They apparently don't realize we don't give them money to simply pay them. We give them money to protect wildlife and help our cause through education.

You keep saying hunting is a right and not a privilege. Wrong. Hunting is as much a right as is breathing air. The government simply came in and told you it was a right by making you buy a license or tag. They're obviously a necessary entity but being the ones taking our money seems like they would have put forth more of an effort to protect our hunting by educating people. But they didnt and now the responsibility falls on other groups to make up for it. And our tags are what's going to be sacrificed in this nonsense. Like I said raffle tags will be supported by most but auction tags will be heavily disliked by most. That's the biggest and most important part of this. NO AUCTION TAGS.

• Like 1

Kent I personally spent several days at the zoo as did my wife and at Whole Foods and the dmv and several other places. As did MANY other individuals did....

Where we at every place at every time no...We were not

Excellent, we don't have to be at all places all the time, just enough to get the job done, and enough of us to do it.

I had plenty of average hunters who debated antis on my facebook feed, which in turn is seen by many others just watching. Social media is a much bigger avenue to get the word out than hunting forums or a web page. It seems to be overlooked as a free pulpit.

Kent

• Like 1

One other interestings thing I have been thinking is the conserve and protect Arizona group has already said that they don't want to take 1 of the auction tags or raffle tags for this cause. Because that money goes to the HPC fund. Wouldn't it be more important to use that money to save our hunting rights like you guys claim rather than using all of it for habitat projects? After all what is the purpose of habitat helping animals if we lose the right to hunt them? The value of animals will go down significantly if we lose our hunting rights so I would think at least splitting the money half-and-half for habitat projects and the other half for education and political fights would be more than fair. And it would raise plenty of money with the additional raffle tags to get the job done.

• Like 1

Blake...Please contact the Dept and find out what their education budget is and how it was dispersed.....

Then ask what percentage of sportsman check the box on the app and donate extra money to the dept and what that total is.

Then ask why they didnt do more on the HSUS fight and in educating the states residents on the subject.

Please find out what their plan for education is from this point forward.....

And while I agree 100% with you about hunting and weather its a right or privilege....Nowhere in the state constitution does it state that or in are countries constitution

• Like 1

Blake...Please contact the Dept and find out what their education budget is and how it was dispersed.....

Then ask what percentage of sportsman check the box on the app and donate extra money to the dept and what that total is.

Then ask why they didnt do more on the HSUS fight and in educating the states residents on the subject.

little too late to do the right thing now isnt it? Our department should have made education a priority with the millions they receive in funding. Their education budget may have been low but who's fault is that? Theirs. They have all the power to put whatever money they please towards educating people. But they relaxed and didnt think they needed to. Well guess what? Now they know they needed to. And to fix it quick they offer up our tags as sacrifice. I'd bet if every employee at game and fish took a $1000 pay cut and wardens didnt get new trucks every year they'd have all the money they'd ever want for education. But that will never happen. Instead let's use publics tags to make up for us being stupid and lazy.
  • Like 1

Idgaf....Am I missing where that ties SFW or Don Peay to this group....We all know that a number of individuals that are one one list are on the other but my Question was where does SFW and Don Peay sit on conserve and protect

you would agree that this group and AZFWC have a great many of the same participants. Don Peay according to some help create AZFWC. They may not be the same but they have the same parents.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/30760-hb2072-letter-from-azsfw/

• Like 2

little too late to do the right thing now isnt it? Our department should have made education a priority with the millions they receive in funding. Their education budget may have been low but who's fault is that? Theirs. They have all the power to put whatever money they please towards educating people. But they relaxed and didnt think they needed to. Well guess what? Now they know they needed to. And to fix it quick they offer up our tags as sacrifice. I'd bet if every employee at game and fish took a $1000 pay cut and wardens didnt get new trucks every year they'd have all the money they'd ever want for education. But that will never happen. Instead let's use publics tags to make up for us being stupid and lazy.

G&F has a surplus of money. Thats how you can explain the billboards around the valley with owls on it or a four year old with a sun fish.