Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Guys:

Someone want to explain what is meant by "education?"

Not sure what it's called with today's political correctness, but Game and Fish used to have a division it called "Information and Education," with a staff of people who distributed press releases to news media, provided speakers for meetings of clubs and businesses, "worked" booths at outdoor shows, provided interviews and public service announcements for radio and TV programs, produced its own TV show, hosted things like that annual outdoor show in central Arizona, published books and informational material, worked with groups that taught kids how to hunt and fish, conducted hunter-safety and boating-safety programs, and on and on.

I'm confident that division still exists. If anything, its programs and the funds it spends annually probably have expanded since my work required I "cover" the agency. I have no idea what it has spent on "education" since the late 1960s when I first became aware of the good work it was doing, but it easily should be in multiple millions of dollars.

A problem arises when it comes to political issues, such as the recent HSUS mountain lion initiative. As a public agency, managing wildlife for all Arizonans, Game and Fish must avoid the appearance of endorsing one side or the other, especially if it launched a public relations campaign to educate the public and try to thwart a movement to manage wildlife by emotion instead of science.

Building a war chest to fight the next attack from PETA and HSUS, which surely will come, makes sense. Whether those funds come from raffling and/or auctioning tags, donations, bake sales, or whatever, we need it be ready. Game and Fish can't do it. It must come from outside government.

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

Someone please show me where SFW and conserve and protect are one in the same. Hard facts not personal opinions or hearsays.

Information taken from http://azsfwc.org/about/ and the email Jay Scott printed in regards to Conserve protect arizona. I added the arrows.

attachicon.gifCapture 2.PNG

Forgot to credit column on the right is the AZFWC board of Directors.

Idgaf....Am I missing where that ties SFW or Don Peay to this group....We all know that a number of individuals that are one one list are on the other but my Question was where does SFW and Don Peay sit on conserve and protect

way to get on that 10 speed a back peddle. you should quite while you still have a few "maybes"

Just like the HSUS cat ban I will do what I can to keep this from catching wind. But you guys shouldnt need to worry because I am just an average sportsman that sits behind my keyboard just to complain :lol:

Idgaf...I am truly asking what are the ties....If in fact SFW or Don Peay has anything to do with this I’m OUT 100%....I just can’t find any hard facts that put the two together....Yes there is assumed ties but we all know what happens when you assume....Please find the ties

Idgaf...I am truly asking what are the ties....If in fact SFW or Don Peay has anything to do with this I’m OUT 100%....I just can’t find any hard facts that put the two together....Yes there is assumed ties but we all know what happens when you assume....Please find the ties

Obviously I am not privy to the close door meetings. But if walks like a duck and talks like a duck then ..... AZFWC was founded by Pete C. at the direction of Don Peay the founder of Utah SFW. (If I saying something incorrectly please let me know)They have a noted connection (google the names together). Coop for whatever they are calling themselves and AZFWC have essentially the same players.

Now, honestly, do you think there is not a connection between the three?

You all realize that the Dept handles ALL game and non game species in the entire state....And that its true the majority of their funds come from us hunters we as a whole are nothing more then a piece of the pie. That there are as many non hunters on their staff as hunters and that if hunting goes away the department does not they still have all the other game and non game animals as well as fishing,camping and wildlife projects to handle....so well they have a concern it’s not the end of the world if a ban or two happen or if hunting goes away altogether.....they cater to all individuals who use the outdoors not just us hunters

• Like 1

Idgaf...could not agree more.....The Don as he is called has made an enormous amount of money from Utah sportsman I just think if he was involved he would want to get paid. From what I know 100 % of the proceeds from this go to the department in someway....What am I missing

And for those of you who say let the department handle it...You really want the department to been in charge of protecting your RIGHT to hunt.....If in fact the funds go into a account similar to the HPC funds then yes the department holds the monies but a group of sportsman with the department decide where the funds go...any of you could be part of the group that decides where the money goes....what better way to make sure it’s used in the right way...

You all realize that the Dept handles ALL game and non game species in the entire state....And that its true the majority of their funds come from us hunters we as a whole are nothing more then a piece of the pie. That there are as many non hunters on their staff as hunters and that if hunting goes away the department does not they still have all the other game and non game animals as well as fishing,camping and wildlife projects to handle....so well they have a concern it’s not the end of the world if a ban or two happen or if hunting goes away altogether.....they cater to all individuals who use the outdoors not just us hunters

Yep totally understand. Very likely their will be a percentage given to auctioneers (COPD or AZFWC) for a fee like in utah. lets say 30% like utah. Do you think their will not be a financial gain for the presenters? If you want I can update that spreadsheet I created a little earlier to show where where the 'charitiable monies' went for Azfwc

Idgaf...it’s my understanding that 100% of monies collected go to the fund that there is no fees to put the program on....that no one makes any money on this....if I’m wrong please tell me

I may be wrong on this, so somebody please fact check me. If it is run like the governors tags. They will be given to an organization that represents that species, (that's where 100% comes from) of which its business as normal for that nonprofit. Taking xx amount for administration fees and the rest going to said project. . Once again not 100% on this and I will have to do more research once available.

If you look at the donations for AZFWC most of the money is given to the boards pet projects.