Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Well, I really don't have any question for them.

They want to sell tags for some ambiguous education fund that can't be utilized for their stated goal of combating anti hunting political initiatives.

I'm just addressing that and also some misinformation on how funding for education can be done besides selling tags.

Kent

• Like 1

They can read this thread and if they wish to clarify their issue to the readers for support they can readily do that.

Kent

There is no way that the Dept has a monetary surplus. If they did why do they pay their most important employees WILDLIFE MANAGERS so poorly? If you heard that there is a monetary surplus then it was by a stuffed shirt in carefree wanting a undeserved raise or buying some bigger chair for them to sit around in.

Only thing I could find was their estimate of costs in 2016 was 43 mil and their 2016 actual cost was 36 mil.

• Like 1

There is no way that the Dept has a monetary surplus. If they did why do they pay their most important employees WILDLIFE MANAGERS so poorly? If you heard that there is a monetary surplus then it was by a stuffed shirt in carefree wanting a undeserved raise or buying some bigger chair for them to sit around in.

Exactly, the kings get rich and the commoners get the minimum. I think we need to start calling it the fuedal system of game management

Speaking very selfishly, I only have three animals left for my big ten solo with a bow. Hopefully, I can get those final two hard to draw tags before this passes and transfer my obsession to a different outlet. So much for hunter retention.

Had g&f made any mention of needing money for education. I get their emails quite frequently and have not seen a request?

DEJAVUE - Same group- different name - same people trying to " steal " our tags again.

getting TAGS is their ultimate goal - PERIOD oh yeah lets not forget the $$$$$ that these premium governor tags bring.

the only idea they can come up with is TAGS - kinda a single minded group of people

what idea can we come up with to be able to convince these -???????..- I'm not sure what they call us behind closed doors.

where are the answers to any of these questions or alternative ideas??

wheres BP john-- or has he changed is login cool aid must have a different flavor and color this year.

then the transperancy thing-- - nothings changed with this group

JUST SAY No

• Like 2

auction a 100+ tags annually to fund a group that will head off a potential cat hunting ban.

I'm dead.

😵

• Like 2

Folks here are confusing "education" with a public relations campaign to influence citizens to vote a certain way on controversial political issues, something that cannot be funded by a government agency.

If the cost of that campaign is $5 million, we simply cannot raise enough money through tag raffles (just imagine trying to sell 50,000 raffle tickets at $100 each). With tag auctions, like it or not, we only need 25 hunters who can afford to pay $200,000 for a tag, and those people are out there.

There's something that's been overlooked so far, however. Under Arizona laws enabling tag raffles and auctions, the majority of the funds must go straight to Game and Fish. Unless new laws are passed to allow it, money raised by selling and raffling tags cannot be used for a PR effort directed by a group outside of government.

Bill Quimby

• Like 4

Yes. I was hoping folks could connect the dots themselves. The only thing money like this can be used for educational wise would be a campaign like the boater safety commercials.

This would not be a war chest for political activism.

Because of legal liabilities these monies would be absorbed into G&F revenues same as all others.

Ultimately it's about selling tags only.

Kent

My opinion is starting to change. I'm now leaning more to not having these tags until they explain this more.

• Like 1

While the overwhelming majority of the average sportsman sit behind their keyboard and complain there are hard working men and woman young and old who spend their time raising money, hauling water, fixing fences, repairing and installing new water holes.... supporting the Dept when needed and the list goes on and on and on so that YOU THE AVERAGE SPORTSMAN have healthy herds and the opportunity to hunt....They dont do it for money or accolades they do it because its part of who the are and they care....

I say this to the AVERAGE SPORTSMAN....get off your collective ##### and do something....Hunting is not a right its a privilege and its one your not going to recognize if YOU dont do something positive!!!!!

Dave I commend your call to action. But here is my beef with whats going on.

This thing is first sold as just one way to do it and they want everyones input. Whatever it takes to stop the bad guys.

Then everyone gives input and expresses their concerns, and the tone changes to Fine if you dont like my idea, do it yourself...

To make a blanket statement that the people providing these comments need to get off their collective ### doesnt sit well with me. You have no idea who I am, how I spend my time or my money. I suspect this is true of most of these guys. We need to be working cooperatively and helping each other find ways to make a difference.

This idea clearly does not have the support of many sportsmen. Is the ADA open to ideas other than this? Or if we suggest something at tomorrow nights meeting is it going to be met with Good idea . . . do it yourself!

• Like 3

Flatlander I think the frustration with this is the fact that so many people sit on the sidelines saying how the groups can do so much better but very few ever go and attempt to help. Not saying that you or others dont because I dont know that.

I will be at the meeting tomorrow night to listen to every bodies input and hopefully some common ground can be found and as a group we can come up with some more solid details wether it is with a tag raffle or something else

How did the Democrats manage to get you guys to turn on your own? I can't believe all of the class warfare being thrown around here. Any of you employed by a poor man? Other than you self employed such as myself. Who cares how much money they have or how much more they hunt than YOU do. If they are going to ensure our ability to hunt welcome them!

Well good to see your so easily bought, if you sale your rights away you can't use them anyways. Point being why do we need to sacrifice for the rich to hunt; if they are true sportsman let them donate to the cause not the tag. Its 100% gaming the system and squeezing out the normal guy (taking away more and more opportunities)...

• Like 1